Green Bullets

I think we need more info.say like just how you are storeing them now.

but if this helps out I try to keep my stuff in a climate controled area.and I have never seen a GREEN bullet before.other than the green tip on my NBT's in 30 cal.

To keep from turning green you have to shoot more, store less.:D

Seriously I've never had any turn green but then again as the previous poster mentioned I keep them stored in a climate control environment (low humidity).

dangit chas! beat me to it :D

I think what your said with a plastic bag with silica would work, they really shouldnt be turning green unless your storing them outside or in a very humid garage.

Sounds like a definent humidity problem. But to clean the bullets throw them in your vibrator or tumbler.

You can knead a little turtle wax into a shop rag and let it dry for a few days.
Forever you can wipe loaded round bullets with it. It doesn't affect loads using either dry film coated(like moly) or uncoated bullets, because only the exposed bullet nose is being waxed. The bullet bearing remains as load developed.

For brass, I know of no tricks really. You don't want to leave behind any residue in chambers. I've been hoping someone would come up with a way to more or less anodize our brass to prevent tarnish.

To clean really tarnished brass alone I soak them in vinegar for the night then I rinse them off rel good then place them on a pan,put them on the lowest oven setting with the door opened a couple inches to evaporate the water then I put them in my vibrator or you can tumble them. This does work good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.