great tripod

szabo

i just recieved my outdoorsmans tripod,i got immediate wood.i cant believe the quality of this thing.i splurged because i deserved it and bought all the accesories. the pistol grip that mounts on top of the tripod is tits! has anyone else had the chance to get thier hands on one of these? if you like to glass the land before you hike it throw a set of 10 x 42 el's on this bad boy and you will be saving for one.

[ QUOTE ]
i just recieved my outdoorsmans tripod,i got immediate wood.i cant believe the quality of this thing.i splurged because i deserved it and bought all the accesories. the pistol grip that mounts on top of the tripod is tits! has anyone else had the chance to get thier hands on one of these? if you like to glass the land before you hike it throw a set of 10 x 42 el's on this bad boy and you will be saving for one.

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon man, pics/links sumpin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thinking a pistol grip bogen is in my future...

JB

I bought one of these tripods a year ago. It is, without a doubt, the best lightweight tripod on the market. I have a pair of Leica 10 x 50 Ultavids and a Zeiss 65 T FL spotting scope that can swap out on this baby in lass than 15 seconds. If you like to pack your optics, this is the tripod of choice.

http://www.outdoorsmans.com/tripod.html

The link above is not a bogen.

This is the Bogen (manfrotto) horizontal grip tripod head I want.
file0008970.gif

And this is the Bogen (manfrotto) veritcal grip tripod head that Goodgrouper has.

file0001213.gif

Same price as the one listed at the outdoorsman link. They beat the pants off a regular "pan" head with the handle that pokes your Adams apple.

I live in AZ and know the owner of the Outdoorsman Floyd Green. He has spent a great deal of time and money developing that tripod. For people who have not seen it-check it out. It really is outstanding. The Outdoorsman pistal grip is also fantastic.

the bogen pistol grips are good but after a long day of glassing i'll take the outdoorsmans pistol grip. the bogen is just to stiff

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.