Discussion in 'Technical Articles - Discussion' started by ADMIN, Sep 14, 2009.

Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That Don't Come Packaged

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That Don't Come Packaged , By Toby Bridges. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

2. esshup

esshup Well-Known Member

Re: Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That

I wonder what he'd recommend for my Savage Muzzleloader?? :D

3. TomYoung

TomYoung Active Member

Re: Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That

I have a .50 cal Knight Disc Extreme. Would like to work up a BH 209 load, but Knight Tech Service tells me that my breach plug hole is too small and that they don’t recommend drilling it out. Toby Bridges’ article is the second one I’ve read (the other by Randy Wakeman on chuckhawks.com) where great loads were worked up with a Knight Long Range Hunter. Is there significant difference between the Disc Extreme and LRH? I understood Knight TS to say that my breach plug hole is too small to reliably allow enough fire to reach the BH209 to ensure ignition; even with standard (non-muzzleloader) primers.