Great Falls colder than south pole ...

Alright you win. The good news this morning was I didn't have scrape windows. I think we just stayed in the positive. Wind was coming from the NORTH POLE!, which isn't in the middle of summer.:rolleyes:

I have done the Montana winter think once, and feel for you guys. Be safe!

"Man O man".... that's cold where you guys live "Montana". Nothing gets done when it's like this. Been hovering around zero here for a few days "Central Idaho" but has move up to 10 at daylight this morning and looks like back to winter normal by next Wed. I really don't like the nasty cold winters anymore.

Had -26 on my service truck yesterday morning while I was standing out in the middle of a herd of hungry cows trying to get a tractor to pump hydraulic oil that looked like jello, then ran of and put a block heater in a tractor, slung a space heater under one and plugged it into the truck while discussing the merits of #1 with the owner. I ran through 3 bottle of propane yesterday starting tractors, #1 is your friend :D

Earlier today, we have the feels like of -38F and had power outages on and off since last night (at least in my my neighborhood). Power is back and and staying on thus far. :)

I don't like being out in it (cold) but being a farmer, cold does kill of lots of undesireable bugs. It becomes a chore keeping stock tanks full and Edison loves us with the tank heaters going...

It's cold here too, got down to a balmy 10 above last night, 18 now. I'd like to see some snowpack. Makes tracking easier.

Propane is at $2.02 a gallon as of yesterday, glad I pre-bought at a buck fifty.

I don't use all that much, maybe 500 gallons heating the shop. The house is on a biomass heat system and ther one next door (that I own as well) is on geothermal.

The coldest I've ever seen it around here was -45 actual about 15 years ago. At -45, even number 1 gells. Power Service 911 is the only thing that works, if you can get the engine to turn over....

-44 here yesterday with wind chill had about a week of -30 or more .3 to 7 min. before frost bite .normal temp -7 at this time of the year. Normaly warms up in may.

-44 here yesterday with wind chill had about a week of -30 or more .3 to 7 min. before frost bite .normal temp -7 at this time of the year. Normaly warms up in may.

Thats 'normally' too **** cold for me. By 'warms up in may', I presume warm is above freezing?:)

Your local climate obviously makes for some serious cuddling of the opposite sex.....??

Thats 'normally' too **** cold for me. By 'warms up in may', I presume warm is above freezing?:)

Your local climate obviously makes for some serious cuddling of the opposite sex.....??

Still snow on the ground may 15 ,no cudding I snore we have better rest when we sleep alone. My problem today is, Whats the hang time on the beer before it solidify?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.