Great Deal on Nightforce from Cabelas

pwrdbycotn

Just wanted those with cabelas credit cards to be aware that they are giving 10% back in club points. I just ordered a 5.5-22x56 MOAR and thought this was a pretty sweet deal. The nearly $200 I got back in points will be used towards some duck hunting gear that I'm needing so, for me, it was like saving $200.

I know. That **** Black Cabelas Card jumps outta my wallet all the time.

I usually save enough points to buy a gun. Thats my plan and I usually stick to it.....:D

price is the main reason I don't own a nightforce. I have an FFL and just flat out can't find a good deal on one. I guess I just refuse to pay retail because if I want to trade out of something I don't want to loose money. none of my dealer sources off ANY discount on nightforce. 15% off would probably get me to pull the trigger but I can't find that.

Well, I have a Class 3 C&R License that gets me good deals from some suppliers but you have to admit that control of the MAP is a good thing and promotes pubilc acceptance of a retail price. Obviously NF is a quality optic.

Well, I have a Class 3 C&R License that gets me good deals from some suppliers but you have to admit that control of the MAP is a good thing and promotes pubilc acceptance of a retail price. Obviously NF is a quality optic.
I would disagree with this somewhat. Nightforce, for the most part, prices their optics at reasonable prices compared to the competition. However, I feel that when dealers are able to set their own prices it creates competition and thus lower prices. The reason I went with Nightforce is because I had the opportunity to look through other high-end scopes such as Premier and S&B and just don't feel that the difference in glass is worth that difference in price. I'm not saying that these other brands don't offer better products but they are only slightly better with much higher prices. I obviously just bought a Nightforce and probably will again as long as their price to quality ratio stays the same. However, if they would turn over pricing to their dealers I feel as though they would sell even more. On the other hand it is interesting to watch the dealers see what kind of "freebies" they can come up with to lure the customer in. Of course, as we all know, these "freebies" are far from free. It's the same with these signature black credit cards that you and I have. Cabelas knows that we will spend a good deal more with them than the 5% (10% in this case of Nightforce) back they give us on our purchases. Sorry if that's kind of rambling...it makes sense in my head at least.

No issue there and I'm in the retail business myself as a business owner.

I'll bare my soul a bit........

Credit card companies (Cabelas/Foremost Bank NA) in this case, makes it every which way. There is a mechants fee right off, usually somewhere between 3-5% depending on contract and portal then there is the incurred finance charge for those who don't pay in full each month plus late fees, plus overdraft fees plus foreign transfer fees. I don't worry about the last 3 except for the foreign transfer fee because I ocassionally purchase items in Canada and Cabelas Visa dings me with an additional transfer fee.

I typically charge in the excess of 50 grand yearly on the card but I pay my monthly statement in full, every month so I reap the rewards of high end use without the penalty that less disciplined users pay.

I only have one card now. The black one. I've shredded all the others becayse I don't want cheap trinkets or air miles, I want gun related items, so Cabelas is all I need.

I very seldom shop at Cabelas to purchase something unless it's to redeem accrued points against an item I want, usually a firearm or firearm related item. However, I regularlly use the Cabelas Bonus Points Network and I shop affiliates that offer the most bonus points for a dollar spent.

Last month I purchased a pair of Meindl Hunters and a smoke pole on points. I've purchased pistols and long guns in the past. I was there yesterday picking up 4 boxes of 308 Federals in 168 grain SMK's on sale for 21 bucks a box. When I checked out the sales associate (and I use that term lightly) said to me, you have bla-bla dollars in points and I said let 'em ride because I have my eye on another gun.....

For the most part, other retailers offer better pricing, especially on-line ones but Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are usually less on a particular item and I weigh in sales tax as well.

Best thing I did was add my wife to the account and now she has her own card to use at Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Pet Supplies Plus and everywhere else she goes...and I get the points.

Life is good......:)

Far as MAP (Manyufacturers Advertised Pricing) goes, any established brand, especially one that has name recognition, can benefit from what amounts to as legal price fixing. NF falls into that criteria as well as Leupold and all the other well known, quality optics manufacturers. Same holds true with arms manufacturers, however, with arms, the government says that a dealer can't sell a firearm for less than 10% over dealer cost though most sell well in the excess of 10% over their cost.

If the average consumer knew just how inflated the cost of most goods were over the manufacturers cost, they'd have a coronary. Bit then, thats a kiss and tell scenario.

End of baring soul.......:D

You buy your NF from Cabelas and get 200 bonus points. You are the exception, not the rule. Most people will buy that optic and never give the points a thought and a large percentage of those customers won't even use a Cabelas Visa Card.

Cabelas banks not on people buying the NF scope, but buying other thinhs in the store, like their fudge (I'm addicted to it BTW) or something else, not on sale. You go to Cabelas and chances are you come out with more than you went in for....unless you are disciplined, like me, except for fudge.......

No issue there and I'm in the retail business myself as a business owner.

I'll bare my soul a bit........

Credit card companies (Cabelas/Foremost Bank NA) in this case, makes it every which way. There is a mechants fee right off, usually somewhere between 3-5% depending on contract and portal then there is the incurred finance charge for those who don't pay in full each month plus late fees, plus overdraft fees plus foreign transfer fees. I don't worry about the last 3 except for the foreign transfer fee because I ocassionally purchase items in Canada and Cabelas Visa dings me with an additional transfer fee.

I typically charge in the excess of 50 grand yearly on the card but I pay my monthly statement in full, every month so I reap the rewards of high end use without the penalty that less disciplined users pay.

I only have one card now. The black one. I've shredded all the others becayse I don't want cheap trinkets or air miles, I want gun related items, so Cabelas is all I need.

I very seldom shop at Cabelas to purchase something unless it's to redeem accrued points against an item I want, usually a firearm or firearm related item. However, I regularlly use the Cabelas Bonus Points Network and I shop affiliates that offer the most bonus points for a dollar spent.

Last month I purchased a pair of Meindl Hunters and a smoke pole on points. I've purchased pistols and long guns in the past. I was there yesterday picking up 4 boxes of 308 Federals in 168 grain SMK's on sale for 21 bucks a box. When I checked out the sales associate (and I use that term lightly) said to me, you have bla-bla dollars in points and I said let 'em ride because I have my eye on another gun.....

For the most part, other retailers offer better pricing, especially on-line ones but Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are usually less on a particular item and I weigh in sales tax as well.

Best thing I did was add my wife to the account and now she has her own card to use at Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Pet Supplies Plus and everywhere else she goes...and I get the points.

Life is good......:)

Far as MAP (Manyufacturers Advertised Pricing) goes, any established brand, especially one that has name recognition, can benefit from what amounts to as legal price fixing. NF falls into that criteria as well as Leupold and all the other well known, quality optics manufacturers. Same holds true with arms manufacturers, however, with arms, the government says that a dealer can't sell a firearm for less than 10% over dealer cost though most sell well in the excess of 10% over their cost.

If the average consumer knew just how inflated the cost of most goods were over the manufacturers cost, they'd have a coronary. Bit then, thats a kiss and tell scenario.

End of baring soul.......:D

You buy your NF from Cabelas and get 200 bonus points. You are the exception, not the rule. Most people will buy that optic and never give the points a thought and a large percentage of those customers won't even use a Cabelas Visa Card.

Cabelas banks not on people buying the NF scope, but buying other thinhs in the store, like their fudge (I'm addicted to it BTW) or something else, not on sale. You go to Cabelas and chances are you come out with more than you went in for....unless you are disciplined, like me, except for fudge.......
It sounds like you and I are a lot alike. I, too, pay my bill in full every month but I usually spend about 35k a year on the card. I wish I could get my wife to use my cabelas card but she has to have her Macy's card haha. As far as dealer cost goes I know what you mean. I do a lot of business with a local hunting store and have became friends with the owner. After doing a good bit of business with him he gave me his dealer log-in for a very well known company that sells reloading supplies. I won't mention any names at all because I don't want to get him in trouble. He and I worked out a deal where I only pay him cash and give him a profit from 20-100 bucks depending on how much I'm buying. I have literally saved thousands by dealing with him. I only wish he dealt in Nightforce! I get to see what he pays on anything reloading related and even on scopes since that particular company also sells a decent variety of riflescopes. The prices are astonishing! This is why I wish dealers were allowed to set the price on everything. It would be up to the dealers to determine profit. However, I guess I'm guilty of going along with it since I'm buying Nightforce and love my Benelli shotguns. Oh, and I prefer the roasted, sugary pecans at Cabelas.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.