Great American Pointer

HUAINAMACHERO

I hunt in the Andes Mountains in Ecuador. My dog is a American Pointer, his name is Chabal. Got started in upland quails when he was 8 months old, and showed his passion.
I thank God for the dog he has given me: awesome sense of smell, fearless, hunting machine, educated, and passionate about it.
Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.:)
IMG_1840.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

palomasymorral.jpg

Thanks for the pictures... I can relate to what your are saying. Mine's a German Shorthair.

lily2.jpg

She held this one long enough for me to take my pack off, and get my camera out, take the picture, put it back, then release..

lily1.jpg

This was taken at about 10,000 ft.

She runs hard all day.

Paul

Glad you liked the pictures.
The birds are called ANDEAN TINAMOU, Nothoprocta pentlandii. With that name you can find more pictures on the internet. They are 25 to 30 cm tall when standing. The are very shy, they reproduce all year long, the hens put one or more eggs, that the roosters will take care of. They adapt very well to different environemnts, they live in the Andes Mountains, and you can find them in wet prairies or in very dry hillsides. Most of the times you will find them alone, not in pairs, never in groups. They will hold enough time for the dog to lock in with them, but once they feel a little more pressure they are gone, and they jump and fly really fast. They are very tasty on the table, although their meat is a little tough. Great sporting bird.

Great pics and amazing dog, It sure is cool seeing others hunting with their dogs. I can't wait for the spruce and ruffed grouse season to start here in alberta canada.

Great looking dog, They can become so much more than just a hunting dog when they are your best hunting partner and best freind, I had a Vizla for 14 1/2 years and had to put her down last March, She had a massive stroke, Tough Times, Enjoy the time you have with them.

Bert, good observation on the difference in the pics on the tail. The third picture where the tail comes out short is because he was wiggling the tail, he has it long as they are ment to be, it is a picture effect.
Thanks for the comments guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.