GPS maps?

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by 25 Otter, Sep 17, 2011.

1. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Hey all. I just purchased a Garmin GPSmap62s,and was wondering about topo map downloads. Where can I go to find quality topo maps online for the Garmin? Colorado in particular. Thanks a million,R.J.

2. Biggs300

Biggs300 Well-Known Member

3. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

I've also been using this service for a couple of years now for Wyoming and I'm very pleased. Excellent for showing public vs private land. The contours are a very nice feature. I've been able to find alter routes back to the vehicle easily.

Gordon

4. The Guide

The Guide Well-Known Member

+1

I use the Montana one. Great product!

Jay

5. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

One additional comment about this Map service. I purchased the downloadable version with lifetime updates. This was a great option and I'm glad I went that route.

Gordon

6. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Well, a Colorado mini SD is on the way from Hunting GPS Maps. I'm looking forward to the up-grade. I did a huge internet search regarding map chips and downloads. Read hundreds of product reviews,and decided to take your advice. It's amazing how many horrible reviews various maps have gotten. It's really a byer beware sort of market. I'm confident this will be a good way to go. Thanks for the input all,I appreciate it a bunch.