GPS Battery Power?

JohnKuz

Hey, I'm wayyyyyyyyyyy outdated in my GPS (Garmin GPS III Plus) and I know that, so as I start to look at this century's (LOL) models is battery "life" an issue. Mine is reliable however a real battery eater!

yes, the touch screen units such as the Oregon tend to eat up battery much faster. If you are looking for long battery life I would recommend a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx or eTrex Legend HCx

-Eric

No, I haven't tried an update in years. I don't believe that Garmin even offers support for that unit any longer. I will recheck that though; good point. Thanks.

my garmin oregon 450 is very temperature sensitive. if its warm to hot outside the batteries will last close to their advertised time. and i have found no big difference between lithium and regular good brand alkaline. the colder it gets the less battery life i get. during late fall and winter i keep the thing "inside" my layers of clothing to keep it usable longer.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.