Got the bobcat back today, let me know what you think

Rifleman513

Got the bobcat back today. So far from what I can tell the guy did a good job on it. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• cat1.jpg
    cat1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 132
  • cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 124
Very nice, i think the face is what makes a good cat mount and your taxidermist did a very good job. Congrats.

Thanks, and I agree. I've seen and heard so many horror stories about cat mounts gone bad that I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised with how the face looked.

I will apologies in advance, this is purely a personal opinion.

The mount is VERY nice...but it's not a very "pretty" cat.
Was there some sentimental value to this one?

I realize the cats down in the central and southern states are typically more brown than ours...but when I think of a bobcat mount, I wanna see furry white and lots of spots.

So, take that for what it's worth...he did a great job on the mount though.

Well as far as sentimental goes this was the first and only cat that I have called in so far. Not as many around here as there used to be, and it actually looks better in person. The pics were taken on my phone and it looks a lot more brown and grayish than what it actually is. But I would have to agree the cats down here that I have seen are not near as thick and plush or colorful as the cats up north.

Well as far as sentimental goes this was the first and only cat that I have called in so far. Not as many around here as there used to be, and it actually looks better in person. The pics were taken on my phone and it looks a lot more brown and grayish than what it actually is. But I would have to agree the cats down here that I have seen are not near as thick and plush or colorful as the cats up north.

There's an empty spot on my wall reserved for a bobcat. This one would fit nicely for all the reasons you just gave!

that's a fine looking mount..... wish I could get my first one!!!
haven't had one come in in 10 years!!
tom

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.