Got My 2012 Buck Finished Up

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Big Sky, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Big Sky

Big Sky <b>SPONSOR</b>

Not a LRS post, just something I thought some you guys that hunt deer might enjoy seeing. Got my 2012 mule deer buck all cleaned up and mounted on a stand. My beetles did a great job of cleaning him up. I did all the work myself except cutting out the wood stand. I did do all the finish and assembly work on the stand though. I'm happy with how it all came together. Not everyone likes skull mounts but I think they are pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

2. jskmtd

jskmtd Well-Known Member

Very nice. What are the details on the buck?

3. longrangefreek

longrangefreek Well-Known Member

Nice buck and nice job. How easy is it to keep beetles. Are they messy and stinky to have or are they worth the investment. I have been thinking about doing that cause they do a great job but just not sure if I want to have them year around to take care of.

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Nice buck, I didnt think there where any more in MT, least not on West side , far and few between

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Sweet!

6. 429421Cowboy

429421Cowboy Well-Known Member

Very nice buck, just goes to show good mulies are still out there if you know where to go! But he looks like he scores about 140 B&C points bigger than i like to eat mulies, for meat i like antelope but man are the big mule deer fun to hunt!