Got it done

Ksmirk

Well after several months of goofing around I got my last project completed! I'll have to say that it's not nearly as good looking as some of you other guys rifles but she shoots very well, I have not figured out what to do with the stock but landcbeitner has a pattern that well just chubs me up. This is an old skool build using a Mauser action (my last one) but with a few new things like the Broughton 27" 1-8 twist barrel and a cheap Timney Sprortsman trigger, Bell & Calson Varmint/Tactical stock and one of those SS 10x42 scopes since the funds would not allow a NF. I was a bit surprised the velocity with 107SMK's was 3049 with a SD of 7.0 with Retumbo powder. I'm happy with it! I'll put it to the test next week on some Texas p-dogs. Later fella's just thought I'd share that a rifle could still be built on the cheap.

Mauser2434.jpg

Mauser2435.jpg

There lets see if I got the pictures right this time!

Last edited:
What cartridge? 243 win? Mine does about the same MV. Try H4350 and 4831SC if it's a 243. my rifle loves these powders 1/4 MOA @ 600yds.

Yes sir it's a 243 Win, I was looking at the 4350 but the pressures were a little less with the Retumbo, granted I doubt I could get anymore powder in the case with the charge I'm running. Haven't got it out for anything further than 100 yards but put 4 shots into a penny then the penny went away on the 4th shot. PM me with your loads I'd like to try some different ones being I might find a better one. Oh what colors did you use on your stock? I have to say it looks great might try and copy it if you don't mind? Later,

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.