Got a package from Fort Shaw

Kirby:

That's great news about the stock showing up. Did they get the pattern right?

Go ahead and use the dies all you need to. I may have to make a trip to Plains to rattle Dan's cage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS7mm,

Here are some picks of your stock, tell me if it looks like what you wanted??

327385.jpg

327386.jpg

What do ya think?

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby:

Looks good. Button 'er up and send 'er this way, I'm ready. Gotta get Dan on the ball!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS7mm,
Its going to be a long range .223 Remington. Here's a parts list:

Remington 700 action
Tubb oversize lug
Broughton 5C 1/8 barrel 7.4 LV contour 26" finished length
McMillan A5 stock
Jewell Trigger
Leupold VX3 6.5-20X50mm LRT

I stand corrected sounds like you are putting those fire forming loads to good use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Your alarm and video system? Sheesh sounds like you have those Wildcats under lock and key. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That stock you bought is kick *** you have good taste. Good luck with your rifle and let us know when you smack something with it.

Dave,

My loaded ammo neck diameters are a follows:

270 AM
loaded neck diameter: 0.3105"
Chamber neck diameter: 0.3135"

7mm AM
Loaded Round Neck Diameter: 0.3180"
Chamber Neck Diameter: 0.3210"

These chambers are designed to offer 0.003" total cleanance(0.0015" bullet release) upon firing. This is about as tight as I recommend in a big game rifle designed for accuracy with this level of intensity using these very long and heavy ULD bullets.

It also allows for some neck thickness variation without getting into pressure problems.

These are big game rounds designed for that use so they do not have "tight" throats. Still they are plenty tight for fine accuracy performance but also safe reliable use in the field.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.