goodgroupers 6br imp

jb...I have your yahoo address...or PM ya on 6br.com I'll email ya there...ya no signs at all bolt lift,primers,ect. works good....had 4 go into less than 5" this morning then the all telling 5th opened it up..after I smacked the clay after 3 shots...I'll email ya later...

Just got through doing load development on my buddies 6br improved and got some pretty amazing results. The gun is a Bat action, Jewell 5 oz trigger, 28" Krieger 1-8" twist, and an Edge HBR stock.

Using 34.0 grains of RL15, I got an average velo of 3210 and an sd of 7 with a group of .094" at 100 yards! That is pretty darn good I think. Now to go test this load against some others at 1k and then 1500 yards. Should be very entertaining.

BTW, out of 19 different loads, the largest sd I got was 15 and the lowest was 1. The largest 100 yard group was .710" and the smallest was .094" and the average was around .200"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think that they would work great for ranges in excess of 400 yards for deer, and anywhere for coyotes.

Here's a few pics of an antelope they took down:
brkill.jpg

brokenribs.jpg

The 95 Berger has a very short bearing surface and it will be unlikely that you can reach the lands in a Ruger. The barrel twist will be too slow and the 243 velocity will be too low to stabilize them. I suspect they will be sideways at 50 yds and you will not be able to find the paper at 100yds.
For deer, an 85 gr Speer BT or a 85 gr Barnes will work just fine.

couldn't catch you on your email jb..but ya the loading I think was your Williamsport load 31.2 rl 15 works fine...

been to the range 16 times this last 3 1/2 weeks with tests at a 1000 yds and in my barrel, my gun, my conditions it seems to give less verticle and a tighter agg. than 30.9...30.5....and for sure 31.5 grns.....still a "blast" no pun intended to hit a clay that far.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I went 1 for 1 twice this last week he he..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts