Good surpise for me this week....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
To all,

Early this week, I got a great suprise. Something I had really forgotten about lately.

A package arrived from the VHA, I really had no idea what it was until I opened it.

ImportedPhotos00000-1.jpg

Looks like my shot on that chuck in 2006(which would have won that year as well) made it through and was the longest shot of the year this year as well.

I was hoping to break 2500 yards this year, that did not happen as I did not get out much as the shop was pretty backed up(still is). Hopefully next year things will be different and I can get something in the running for next year as well.

Anyway, just wanted to share. Another VHA Long Shot of the Year for the Long Range Hunting family!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Congrats Kirby, bet that will look good on the wall below your "6 wise men"!!!! I got a feelin one of your rifles will take that honor again next year, problem is i dont think your gonna be the shooter!:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Congrats

Congratulations Kirby;);)

It took them a while but they finally got it to you.:rolleyes:

That's enough of the "short range" stuff. This summer we will be expecting you to really stretch it out there.:)

congratulations....glad you get credited for your accomplishments, better late than never:)

Celebrity....... Don't think so, just got lucky on that shot when shooting a good rifle with a good load.

I am not saying it was all luck but I will fully admit that to hit a target the size of the chuck that I hit, roughly 6" wide by 8" tall, even if you have a rifle that will hold 1/2 moa at that range, and assuming you can shoot the rifle well enough to get 1/2 moa groups at that range which is not really practical, you still have alot of air around the profile of the chuck that yoru more likely to put a bullet into then the chuck itself.

At that range, on that size of a target, even with the most advanced equipment that is extremely accurate which this rifle truely is, you still have to admit, there is a large degree of luck involved with this hit.

Do I think its repeatable, certainly is. Do I think a hit is possible at much longer ranges, of course, but anyone that says its their shooting and no luck involved at these ranges are simply inexperienced and uneducated about this sport at these ranges.

There are hundreds of guys on this board alone that could make that shot or do even better then I if they had the right equipment in the right situation like I did.

The way I see it, just another achievement for all of us in the LR shooting sport because we all help each other all the time.

Thanks for the kind words, I am sure there may be another APS rifle breaking this long shot of the year soon!!! Will it be mine???????? We will see. I guess the gauntlet has been laid down.......... :D

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.