Good print service?

Discussion in 'Nature Photography' started by Guy M, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

What's a good photo-print service?

I generally download my shots into my home computer, and occasionally print out a photo at home, but would like to get some higher quality prints than my home printer is capable of.

Is there a good place where I can simply e-mail the photos and have a hard copy printed out and returned to me?

Thanks, Guy

2. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

My wife is a professional photographer, and she recommends MPix, Mpix.com - Home to her clients who want to have their own photos developed by a professional quality lab.

Their are better labs available to pros, but they require large orders, where Mpix will take just about anything.

Bill

3. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks, I'd like to use a high-quality service for some prints soon.

Guy

4. walkingjay

walkingjay Member

Try dale Labs in Florida. Very good service. caters to pros and advanced amateurs. I am not employed by Dale Labs or have any financial gain from the recommendation. I do Use their services( and have for many years). will be sending Film (yup, film 120 and 35mm) to them to process and proof this week.

Dale Laboratories Color Prints Enlargements Photo Books Cards Calendars

Dave

5. Timber338

Timber338 Well-Known Member

Another option you might look at is White House Custom Color http://http://www.whcc.com/

I am just an amateur photographer, but I have had several prints done through WHCC including some very nice panoramas of the areas I hunt. Several of my friends use them as well, some of which are professional photogs.