Good news NOSLER fans!!

winmag

Well its been a while since Ive been to Nosler, so I figured Id go down there and see for myself just how things were progressing after the big ka-boom.

The ''pro-shop'' was open for business!! Slightly different arrangement in the shop, but definately up and kickin! I had a talk with the guy behind the counter and asked how production was comming and he said theyre actually cranking out 200% trying to play catch up. But not to worry because theyll be there very, very, soon. (Im taking the liberty to summarise his statements here. these are not word for word quotes)I didnt bug him for details, nor ask what the real reason for the ''ka-boom'' was for 2 reasons. I didnt feel it was his place to say we'll be caught up 100% by such and such a date, and two, the store had customers in it. I didnt want to make anybody question him any harder than I was.
I did take the time to ask if there was going to be any noticable shortage as far as availability to hand loaders. His reply was imphaticly NO! Theyre crankin' out Quality bullets like crazy. The suppliers had a bit of a ''surplus'' and everything seems to be evened out for the store shelves.
When I mentioned I was a member of L/R/H, and I knew some folks who were curious he ''Beamed'' and was very happy the news would reach the shooters and members here. He stated once again ''Tell em all is ok, and theres not going to be a shortage''. Nosler is very dedicated to thier clients and it shows.
The pro shop has boxes of bullets (not fire damaged, nor seconds) that had some moisture on the box itself from the sprinklers next door that leaked some water thru, for rediculously low prices. He mentioned that it was a bit of an incentive for the shooters to know all is well, and they are offering some ''smokin' deals'' ...(pardon the punn) .:D
Lastly, I would like to say,
Thank you to Len Backus, and all the Mods, for running a well respected site. And thank you to all the members here who are dedicated shooters that keep the level of integrity so high. Nosler recognises L/R/H, and the group of shooters that frequent here. For me, thats just one more reason to be a proud L/R/H member.

Winmag,

That's very nice! Thanks for sharing it with us and being professional.
At that moment, when you were talking to the gentleman behind the counter
he put a face to LRH that was yours.

Good job!

Thanks!

Any time guys. I consider myself a fairly good judge of character, and from the way he talked and from what Ive seen in all the local stores Nosler hasnt missed a beat. Even Bi Mart has Nosler bullets in stock and on the shelves. As do all 3 other stores in this town. I belive him when he says theyre almost caught up, and there will NOT be a shortage. I dont know about you guys, but Im really excited to here it! I know some guys here on L/R/H, have been hesitant to use Nosler bullets for load development because of the ''what if'' issue concerning availability. I feel confident that the ''what if'' has been answered. Nosler really stepped up to the plate! They value theyre customers, and reputation.
Im the kind of guy that likes to see first hand before I make up my mind. So I went there in person. The mass hysteria has completely vanished (and belive me it was BIG around Central Oregon). Bullets are out on the shelves. The Pro Shop is open and doing well, and the Nosler plant (right next door/same building) is runnin like theyre goin for the win at Daytona. Hammer down, and Balls out!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.