Good loads for .308win with rl15 and wolf lrm primers?

Oliveralan

Hello,

I have been trying to get CCI, Federal, or any large rifle primers for Ray matter for the past month with no luck. They are very hard to get around here, one local store said they couldn't guarantee having any in the next 8months! So I went and bought 600 wolf large rifle magnum primers. I'm using rl15, lc and Winchester brass and 168 mks. Currently I'm seeing Perry decent accuracy from 41.5grains of powder, can I go higher? I have no signs of excess pressure but I'm new to reloading and can only see the obvious ones like flattened primer or sticky bolt lift. I read that because magnum primers have hotter ignition you need to load slightly less powder. My manual states the max for a 168grain jacketed bullet at 42.8 grains with a normal large rifle primer. I'd also love if anyone could share their reciepe for a good long range load with 175bergers or mks.

Thanks,
Oliver

whats up Oliver.sent ya pm and e-mail.if you didn't get them just let me know.call me I'm to good at typeing alot of stuff.rather just tel ya.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.