Good left hand rifle in a long range caliber.

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by sport22, Apr 27, 2002.

1. sport22

sport22 Active Member

Hi fellow hunters.
    This question comes from the other side of the atlantic (try making such a long shot)
    Id like to buy a LR rifle, and I am looking towards Weatherbys line of guns since I am left handed shooter. I like their new Treat Response rifle, not sure if it comes in left hand though, and also the accumark in 30-378.
    My question is, what other manufacturers make a standard left hand rifle in a LR caliber? Id like to buy the gun factory made.
    Thanks! Emil, Sweden. [​IMG]

2. Darryl Cassel

Darryl Cassel Well-Known Member

Hello Oneshot

I would look at the Remington Sendaro in the 300 Ultra mag. It's right there with the 30/378 as far as ballistics go and it is on a factory Remington Mag action.

I'm not sure but, I think they make a left hand model.

Check the website for Remington Arms.

Later
    Darryl Cassel

3. sport22

sport22 Active Member

Thanks I will look into it right now.
    This is a great forum, Im happy I found it!!
    /OneShot Sweden [​IMG]

4. MontanaMarine

MontanaMarine Well-Known Member

Remington doesn't make the Sendero left-handed.

Here are your left-hand Remington options with heavier barrels:

Remington 700 VS
    Remington 40X

Savage makes Savage their 10, 110, 12, 112 series varmint and law enforcement rifles in LH with varmint weight barrels.
    http://www.savagearms.com/centerfire/centerfire_home.htm

http://www.remington.com/firearms/left_hand/lefthand.htm

I ended up building a custom Rem700 LH 30-06 and buying a Rem 700 VS LH in .308

Good Luck! MM

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: MontanaMarine ]

5. Thomas B.

Thomas B. Well-Known Member

You may want to check out Ed Brown and H.S. Precision. Both are now available LH.
    Good Luck

6. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Oneshot, I have a Mark V Accumark that is very accurate. They come with a 26" Krieger barrel.

7. sport22

sport22 Active Member

Littlestoes, what caliber is your Mark V?
    Thanks for great replies at this great forum!
    OneShot , Sweden [​IMG]

8. littletoes

Its a 300 Weatherby, OneShot. Mounted a Leupold 3.5-10X40mm M1 LR. Not quite powerful enough for 1000 yards, I think, but very nice! littletoes.

9. littletoes

OneShot-ever seen the Schmidt & Bender Mk II 3-12X50? Sealed for extreme conditions,large windage and elevation drums. Hear its just under 1800$ American.

10. sport22

sport22 Active Member

No I havent seen it Littletoes!
    Is it pretty?
    I am thinking of buying a Leupold scope long range scope. Something like 6,5-20 X 50.
    As for myself I am still looking for that good left hand rifle in a long range caliber....
    Thanks for all the great replies I have gotten. Just havent found THE ONE rifle yet.

[​IMG]

11. littletoes

Hey OneShot, think I would e-mail Darryl Cassel about a custom rig. If you are truly serious about 1000 yards and beyond, I don't think you would be satisfied with what rifle manufactures out there have to offer. The Weatherby is going to cost you at least 1200 bucks, and don't get me wrong-I love mine! but i have always wanted a rifle with at least a 29 inch barrel. The 30-378 and the 338-378 are awsome rounds, but there full potential can't be had out of a 26" barrel. I don't know much about the 338 Lapua, but I hear it was made to reach the big Weatherby velocities without the belt. I understand reaching gunsmiths in your area that can do this work may be hard to find, but am shure Darryl can hook you up. littletoes.