Good Beginner Gun! Please Look

The only readily available 6.5 factory ammo I am aware of is made for the 260 Remington, 6.5X55 or 264 Win Mag. The Ballistics of the 264 WinMag are pretty impressive, but factory ammo will be much easier to get in 25-06.

I don't know anything about the Venture, but I wouldn't hesitate to try a Sub Moa Weatherby (I believe it's a Vangaurd but not really sure). You can put a timney trigger in the Weatherby.

i agree a sub moa vanguard or a weatheryby accumark in 25-06 or 257 wm. a 25-06 tikka or a 25-06 or 257wm rem 700.

Be aware that the Tikka in 25-06 only comes with a 22" barrel unless they have changed that lately and that really hurts the velocity. If you are going to spend the money for a Tikka I would get the 6.5X55 Swede.

.275 does mean technically the 270 family is out but if you can I vote 270wsm all the way. I have killed more coyotes with a 270wsm than almost all my other rifles combined. otherwise the 25-06 is hard to beat. ammo is easy to find if you dont reload. I shoot a tikka t3 in 25-06 on a very regular basis and I love it. I shoot 100 Gr Barnes TTSX and its a hammer on deer and antelope. Elk it is a little lacking. I have killed elk with that bullet but its not the best. You really need the 115 TSX. Which you can not shoot through a tikka because of the slow twist rates they use. So my vote is going to be for a savage accustock model in either a 25-06 or or a 6.5x284 (if the 270wsm really isnt allowed) and for bullets a partition or a tripple shock are the way to go for sure! I would top it off with a Leupold vx-2 3-9 with the long range duplex. that would be a very affordable setup!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.