Glasses or surgery??

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by overbore, Jul 11, 2007.

1. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

My right eye has just gotten too weak to be scope accurate so I am asking if anyone has undergone the laser eye surgery successfully?? and can still use a scope???

I will use prescription shooting glasses if I must but think the eye surgery may be less bother but need your experiences, please. Many thanks, Overbore

2. BigDaddy0381

BigDaddy0381 Well-Known Member

I have not yet butI have had 3 ants and 2 uncles and 5 friends that have had it and love it.out of the 10 people 4 were leagaly blind and have better vision the 20/20.All of my uncles hunt and have not had any trouble with it at all.one uncle has a little problem to a weak left eye if looking thru a scope for a long period of time but it gose away really fast and back to normal.I'm planing on getting min done around christmas.3000$ an eye but worth it from all i have seen.

Let me know if you go thru it or not.

Big

3. philny1

philny1 Well-Known Member

Got fed up with glasses, will be five years this Dec. Went to Niagara Falls, Ontario. Then around $1200.00 total, the reason for going to Canada. Fast and painless, I drove myself up on Mon, drove home Thurs.
    I could still hunt and shoot without my glasses, but that was fast coming to an end. Since then at least three of my friend have had it done.

4. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I got it done about 5 years ago. It is amazing. Especially when it comes to hunting and camping. Glasses and contacts were a pain in the butt. I love it. I would easily recommend it to anyone else.