getting started in long range comp.

Ok so 1st off im young at 16 but ive hunted all my life and have always loved shooting, i hunt but thats not enough i want to get into shooting competition to truly test myself and build my skills, i completely understand ballistics and all the variables, havent been able to find much information so i ws wondering if yall could help me with finding outhow to get started.

Longest confirmed kill is a standing coyote at 375 yds with me in prone position.

F-Class is the closest to hunting that I can think of. I don't know what kind of equipment you have but I would start shooting what you have until you get a good idea of which way you want to go with it. Also, once you start shooting you will find tons of people that don't mind sharing their knowledge with somebody new to the game. Take a look at what they have and ask questions about why the setup they have works for them. I think that would be a good place to get started.

Go ahead and list the equipment you currently have and we would be able to give you better advise based on your equipment.

-X3M

Kentucky:
If you want to get into LR competition, find an LR competition. I shoot F-class as practice for hunting myself.

Is there a LR Range in your area? if there is, find out about the shooting opportunities there. Often there's a civilian shooting club on a military base - find out if there are any in your area.

The rifle you have is a good platform from which to start LR shooting. You will find that some upgrades will help you.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts