getting my 3 fire formed cases

Ed has given me some great ideas. I wonder if I just shot the cream o wheat thing 3 times if it will bee 100 percent formed. That would be the easy and fastest way . Thoughts ???

still no need for the cow thing.Hart just uses the right amount of powder holding the rifel up then fireing it.even said that they would take the same barrel with more than 1000 or more fire forming loads and shoot a great group from it.

they do this for alot of people to just fire form their brass.or they used to.

I dont know if you have thought of this but since I am a rookie i will try. If you have your reamer why not ream a pice of solid stock then use the hydraulic method of forming? you know prime the case in the new reamed piece then take a steel rod of appropriate size and drive it in your custom reamed and built form die. I know hornaday makes these but i think if you have your own reamer you could probably make one simply. You would have some cost in building your forming piece built think of the savings when you go to fire forming.

Well good luck

John

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.