Getting Flammed

You should be very proud of this accomplishment. Although I coulnd't have pulled that off I'm green with envy and work every week trying to get my skill level to the point it becomes a possibility. I couldn't suffer through the rest of that thread. Those guys don't know how difficult it is to get to your skill level. I can't say that I do either but I'm damned sure working on it!!

The thread is getting good. Jump to the last 3-4 posts.

AJ

I hate to admit it, but ten years ago I held a lot of the same opinions about LR hunting. I would like to think that I would not have been that rude and aggressive, however.

After a couple trips outside Illinois where we can only hunt with shotgun slugs or muzzleloaders, I began to get interested in the possibility. Once I got into it, this is an amazing world (LR hunting). If some of these idiots would get out and see what we're about before attacking, their opinions might be different.

The Tables Have Turned

The Flammers wound up getting FLAMMED for thier "Unethical" hunting behavior

A "GREAT BIG THANK YOU" to all of you that came to "The Rescue" and tuened the tables on the ignorant and educated many

Again Thanks

well, the AR forum has a lot of good information about reloading and some good hunting stories... but I don't visit to often any more because there are just way to many idiots there too!

the whole forum is much less respectfull than this one. LRH is educational and entertaining where as AR is mostly entertaining.

Re: The Tables Have Turned

The Flammers wound up getting FLAMMED for thier "Unethical" hunting behavior

A "GREAT BIG THANK YOU" to all of you that came to "The Rescue" and tuened the tables on the ignorant and educated many

Again Thanks

Well I raised the BS flag on that AR thread. We'll see if the vocally opinionated judge from that thread comes back to explain himself after he got caught red-handed preaching ethics - all the while with his own pants hanging down by his ankles.

Update: Hey jwp475 - check it out. DC Roxby came back and actually apologized for being out-of-line judgmental on your AR thread. I've copied and pasted a portion of his reply:

"Having said that, I am going to apologize to jwp475 now. When I made my original posts I was having a ****** day and posted some inappropriate comments. I do feel strongly about long range shooting, but I should have posted my comments somewhere else, if at all. I had no right to start a ****ing match on his post. Fact is he shot his bull at the same range I shot mine.

My posts were uncalled for and I apologize.
"

The whole time I was thinking, jeepers creepers, you never even took a long range shot and these guys still came unglued. Guess I won't be posting about any long range shots over on the AR Forum. They seem perfectly content being "dumb and happy" over there.

Last edited:
That forum is probably real happy now look at all the new members. Sure tells you how good alot of the people on here are to backup a fellow hunter. Its amazing how people can be so single minded when its not about them, then be so open minded when caught with there pants down. Very nice bull and story jwp475, keep telling them for us(me) that cant seem to get off work or draw a tag. It keeps us(me) saine until that day comes.

That forum is probably real happy now look at all the new members. Sure tells you how good alot of the people on here are to backup a fellow hunter. Its amazing how people can be so single minded when its not about them, then be so open minded when caught with there pants down. Very nice bull and story jwp475, keep telling them for us(me) that cant seem to get off work or draw a tag. It keeps us(me) saine until that day comes.

You are SPOT ON the people in the long range hunting community are GREAT people with Great integrity that are willing to share their knowledge and support.

Congratulations on your elk. I was in the Chama area this past September with my son. We took the train from Antonito....beautiful country.
Some people have no business with a 100 yard shot.

Last edited:
I thought the SMK and Long range hunting debate was over? Yeah right. Neither will ever end no matter how much proof you show or how many testimonials there are. Some people simply choose to be ignorant and there is no reason to help them out of their fog. Just keep on hunting YOUR WAY and use the bullets YOU WANT and screw what anybody else has to say about it.

Your methods and skill are always welcome in my hunting camp!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.