gentry brakes

tharp

I would like some of your opinions on muzzle brakes. I need one for my 7mm mag. I am thinging about a Gentry quiet brake. Any suggestions or opinions would be great, especially concerning gentry or kdf brakes.

Joe, Both KDF and Gentry have good reputations in the group of shooters I know. You might also consider Kevin Knight's High Performance Gunsmithing. He makes a very effective muzzle brake.

I gotta admit I like my JP Recoil Eliminator; it is the one that looks like a tank break. I have it on a 338 UM and it reduces the recoil to less then my 30-06, but I am not sure how quite it is compared to most. One nice thing is it doesn't have ports aiming towards the ground so I don't have to worry about kicking up a lot of dust when shooting of the bipod. It is kinda big and VERY obvious though, I am going to get a raft of sh*% from some of my hunting partners this year...
rolleyes.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts