gen 3 night vision

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by timmyatnop, Dec 4, 2010.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Got my D-740 ordered the other day, from tactial night vision .I will give u guys an up date on how it works for me in a couple of weeks .

2. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Nite vision is the only way to go when nite hunting. With gen 3 you will be able to see good enough to walk around no matter how dark it gets. With just star lite on a clear nite you may be able to shoot 50 yrds. reasonably. With a full moon to the full range of your rifle. I`m not firmilar with the D-740, but I use the PVS-7 gogles and a red lazer. With a weak red lazer you can see it into the sky or on trees 1/2 mile away.

3. timmyatnop

The D 7-40 is listed as reconission range of 350 yards ,I guess I pretty much top of the line ,iam so ready to get it and test it out.

4. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

My gen 3 D-760 will allow you to shoot over 200 yards on just a star lit night! Works great for pigs!

5. timmyatnop

D-740 arrived to day ,iam gona get a chance to test it under full moon Sunday night

6. timmyatnop

Wow took d-740 out last linght ,it was awsome,full moon covered by clouds, first call seen a bobcat but he seen me to, could see easy 300 yards ,when calling focused scope up on feild could see lots of deer and cows i would say 8oo yards away easy.This i some of the best money i have ever spent on hunting equipment, I have no dought that I can kill 10 times as many coyotes and cats and foxes as i have in the past, the only thinG, is iam gona have to save up for a really good monoclure,because holding the gun up the whole time gets kinda though, THANKS U VICTOR AT TACTIAL NIGHT VISION FOR SUCH AN AWSOME PRODUCT,