Gen 2 XR (Extended Range) Reticle

Did you omit the Premier URL?

Looks a lot like the NP-R2 reticle in my NightForce

250_reticle_npr2.jpg

The NP-R2 gives you 10 MOA hold under and 20 MOA hold over. With a 100 MOA NXS and a 55 MOA base, you get 125 MOA adjustment. ( Still not as good as a Leupold Mark 4 - 16 with mill dot, 140 + dots )

Yes it does look a lot like the R2, but I like the windage dots on the lower part of the reticle which the R2 doesn't have.
db

With a reticle like this, all you would have to do is determine your zero and the mil dots and half mils would do the rest, no need to turn the dials.
db

[ QUOTE ]
I really like that reticle. I just wish Leupold would offer scopes with centimeter clicks to go with them.
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Rick, from another Rick - I just wish Leupold would offer that reticle so I wouldn't have to pay $240 extra to have it installed. Getting a good reticle from the factory for little or no additional cost seems more useful than cm clicks. Y do you want cm clicks? ( Can't you buy European Leupold scopes, I see them on eBay on occasion ) They just had a killer deal on a 6.5-20x50mm listed as European. I posted here asking what European meant and someone posted a reply back saying cm clicks in lieu of inch.

I want centimeter clicks so that when Ex-Bal reads 5.1 mils, I can hold five dots down plus one click. You can do it with MOA clicks, its just less cumbersome with centimeter clicks, or I could just hold-off the 0.1 mil, but I don't spend $1K or so on a scope to hold-off. I would prefer, for my money, that the reticle and the adjustments be in the same measuring systems.

Rick

PS I was the one who replied about the Euro Loopies. When I called Premier about this reitcle, I forgot to ask if they could put it in one of those. I'll call him now!

I spoke with Dick Thomas and Leupold. The good news is that Premier can put that reticle in any scope (leupold) with 30mm tube and side focus. The bad news is that the highest mag scope Leupold makes with centimeter clicks, 30mm tube and SF, now is 4.5x14. The good news is Premier can boost it. The bad news is the boost on 4.5x14's often sucks (according to Dick). Rats.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.