Gday from South East Queensland, Australia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2@X, Jul 21, 2010.

1. 2@X

2@X Member

Gday all,
    Names Mic, from the town of Closeburn, Queensland.
    I spend a fair bit of time out here chasing Red Deer, Pigs, Feral dogs and Feral Cats. Currently shooting a Winchester Model 70 in 270 win. Looking to get into something a bit louder, along the lines of a 375VM or the like. Looks like I'm in the right spot to get the lowdown on this.
    I also love fishing and camping with my fiance and we are both in the Rural Fire Service with heaps of wildfire experience.
    I am currently doing study to join the police.

Cheers
    Mic

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

2@X,

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Pull up a seat an join the crowd.

Louder, eh? What's a "VM"?

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Roy, VM stands for Very Mean which is what most 375's are:D. oh I made myself laugh...sorry...couldn't pass that one up.:)

4. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy this site, there are many guys here that really know their stuff and don't mind helping out. Australia is a beatiful country, I have always wanted to visit.

5. 2@X

2@X Member

Cheers for the welcome guys,
    royinidaho, 375VM stands for the 375 Viersco Magnum. Gotta have dreams (just a pity mine are different to the missus' , she says big wedding, I say big rifle :D )

6. 2@X

2@X Member

Haha, I was thinking 375 Varmint Mitigator!

7. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

ah ha! I sense an opportunity for compromise. Maybe you could negotiate for a whole lot smaller wedding for a bit smaller cartridge. Such as a 375 SnipeTac.:D

Neither of you would hardly notice the difference.:)

8. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

After almost 39 years of married bliss...compromise is the key. While I like Roy's approach my misses knows just enough about this stuff to say

"375 anything my arse. If I'm getting a smaller wedding then your getting a 22.:D