G7 BR2 rangefinder

As soon as specifications are set, I will provide them.

I am sure that beam divergence will be bigger than the Leica. I'm not certain that narrow beam divergence automatically means better rangefinder. LTI has many patents that cover their technology, and specifically the processing algorithms that identify the target. Combined with gating modes, and the typical handheld situations, I think a strong argument could be made that the LTI RF is better even with larger beam divergence. Independent testing will prove out what the capabilities and accuracy are.

Regardless, we will work hard to provide a RF unit with the best function possible. I think most LR shooters will be very impressed with the device. The ballistic programming is very sophisticated.

With a calculated "shoot to" range, there are no more arguments for why MOA is better than BDC. Now all the advantages of BDC turret correction are combined with the accuracy of computed solution. But for the holdouts...:), our test unit does output MOA. We should be able to offer MOA also.

With a calculated "shoot to" range, there are no more arguments for why MOA is better than BDC. Now all the advantages of BDC turret correction are combined with the accuracy of computed solution. But for the holdouts...:), our test unit does output MOA. We should be able to offer MOA also.

Aaron... being a "holdout", I beg to differ with you on that :)

For some guys who don't like to tinker and will shoot the same load all their life within fairly close parameters of factors and inside say, 600-800 yds, a BDC turret works fine, a real slick way to go. However, there are another group of guys who don't fall into that category and a BDC turret will just never work for them.

You'll have to forgive for being a little dumbfounded (and I say that in good humor :) ) I would think the opposite... with a calculated/corrected MOA, there are no more reasons for a BDC turret... am I missing something? If I had a range finder that took all my inputs, sensed environmental inputs, and gave me an MOA come up, why in the world of LR shooting would I need a BDC turret?

But hey, to all you BDC holdouts, more power to ya... just gimmee my MOA puullllleeease! :)

Anyway, I am 'finally' glad to hear there "should" be an MOA version. I sure hope "should" means "will". If you provide me a unit that works like you say it will and gives me what I need, MOA, I will be one of your best marketers.

-Mark

Aaron... being a "holdout", I beg to differ with you on that :)

For some guys who don't like to tinker and will shoot the same load all their life within fairly close parameters of factors and inside say, 600-800 yds, a BDC turret works fine, a real slick way to go. However, there are another group of guys who don't fall into that category and a BDC turret will just never work for them.

You'll have to forgive for being a little dumbfounded (and I say that in good humor :) ) I would think the opposite... with a calculated/corrected MOA, there are no more reasons for a BDC turret... am I missing something? If I had a range finder that took all my inputs, sensed environmental inputs, and gave me an MOA come up, why in the world of LR shooting would I need a BDC turret?

But hey, to all you BDC holdouts, more power to ya... just gimmee my MOA puullllleeease! :)

Anyway, I am 'finally' glad to hear there "should" be an MOA version. I sure hope "should" means "will". If you provide me a unit that works like you say it will and gives me what I need, MOA, I will be one of your best marketers.

-Mark

Double ditto...:) Then make it alot smaller! I know...one thing at a time...

Well if they are now for sale then we should soon get some reports on what they are like. I hope the beam divergence is not wider than the Leica and it does not have BDC output. This would not be good.

However if it can read out past 2000 yards and give a straight slope distance in yards then it may still be useful. $1599 is too dear if you don't use all the features. Better to sell a base model that reads distance only for $1000. I know which one I would buy.

I have not tested it (nor opened the box, but have been reading the Manual). The output is bdc/moa/inches that can be uniquely assigned to each of the 5 bullistic profiles that are stored in the memory. So, if using different rifles with different scopes re-setup is not necessary.
One can also take a range only measurement, nice when "scoping out" a locale.
Beam divergance s 2x4 Mrad.
Hope to have it in the field for some hands on, as soon as I get my rifle completed.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.