G7 BR2 rangefinder

I expect the price to be definitely over $1000.

The ranging capability will be WAY beyond any Bushnell and the ballistic program will be user accessible unlike any other rangefinders.

I expect the price to be definitely over $1000.

The ranging capability will be WAY beyond any Bushnell and the ballistic program will be user accessible unlike any other rangefinders.

Thanks Len,

The fact that the ballistic program is user accessible is a big thing and one of those features that I have always wished for, I'm just having a hard time with still need a separate set of binoculars. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Also factoring in, for me, I just don't need to range 2000 yards. For those that do this setup would be the ticket.

Len

Do you think they will offer just a plain rangefinder without the additional cost of the other stuff? Most here probably have the other stuff paid for and some level of comfort with the use.

i have heard the price will be around $1500. And also believe i read on his site when it was first up and running that the beam divergence was 2x4. after i read this the page with the rangefinder wouldnt pull up so maybe it was wrong information.

I can answer a few of the questions right now. MSRP target is $1500. The Optics chassis is the same as many of the other LTI products. However, manufacture of the device is USA. Housing is mil-spec IP67 for waterproof. We have finished a few changes with the laser diode, I will provide beam divergence info as testing is completed.

Besides the ranging capability, custom ballistic programming and compensation for incline and air density, the targeting modes are quite useful. Nearest, Farthest, Continuous, and Multiple targeting algorithms allow manipulation of the range detection. These same algorithms give the unit the capability to measure reliably in heavy precipitation and fog.

My apologies for the slow production of information on the website. We are understaffed and overworked! Its coming. In addition to our products we are providing, we have also started a new television series, Long Range Pursuit, that starts airing Dec 27th on Sportsman Channel.

measure reliably in heavy precipitation and fog

That is worth gold to me.

What is the lowest temp you expect it to work in without having to be kept under clothes next to a warm body?

I can answer a few of the questions right now. MSRP target is $1500. The Optics chassis is the same as many of the other LTI products. However, manufacture of the device is USA. Housing is mil-spec IP67 for waterproof. We have finished a few changes with the laser diode, I will provide beam divergence info as testing is completed.

Besides the ranging capability, custom ballistic programming and compensation for incline and air density, the targeting modes are quite useful. Nearest, Farthest, Continuous, and Multiple targeting algorithms allow manipulation of the range detection. These same algorithms give the unit the capability to measure reliably in heavy precipitation and fog.

My apologies for the slow production of information on the website. We are understaffed and overworked! Its coming. In addition to our products we are providing, we have also started a new television series, Long Range Pursuit, that starts airing Dec 27th on Sportsman Channel.
Skip, just some friendly advice from someone who would love to see this product succeed and sell, rather than sit and flounder.... Make sure they engineer a tighter beam divergence of 1mRad or better! Its very important for getting correct range readings of your intended target - rather than some other tree, rock etc in cluttered natural terrain environments. LTI hasnt adressed this need in any of the existing products they manufacture including bushnell etc.

The resounding consensus on rangefinders is the Leica and Swaro are the ones to beat, and BOTH have very tight beam divergence. I think youll find it hard to convince people to give up on their swaros and leicas - even with the extra features of your unit - if it cant gaurantee an accurate range for them...

+1 in snow my swaro will range 31 yards every time

+2! In the snow my Swaro made me miss a booner whitey, could not get a range on him and he was between 300yards to 450, could not gauge the distance, so at least a beautiful deer lived, but my Swaro rangefinder came close to death at that moment!LOL. So I need a rangefinder that can range through some conditions like that, snow, fog, rain as my Swaro does'nt! So if this G7 can do that and its beam divergance is as small or smaller than the Swaro, I will sell my Swaro and get the G7.
Elmer

Skip, just some friendly advice from someone who would love to see this product succeed and sell, rather than sit and flounder.... Make sure they engineer a tighter beam divergence of 1mRad or better! Its very important for getting correct range readings of your intended target - rather than some other tree, rock etc in cluttered natural terrain environments. LTI hasnt adressed this need in any of the existing products they manufacture including bushnell etc.

The resounding consensus on rangefinders is the Leica and Swaro are the ones to beat, and BOTH have very tight beam divergence. I think youll find it hard to convince people to give up on their swaros and leicas - even with the extra features of your unit - if it cant gaurantee an accurate range for them...

Very small beam divergence will be a key selling point for whether or not I am interested. Also a rectangular (or similar longer horizontal that vertical) beam with the long side horizontal is a key consideration for me. The Leica's seem to do better than the Swaro's round beam shape because of this...

Hi Skip,

Thanks for the update.

Are there plans in the works to put this technology into a hi-quality 10x bino?

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.