G7 BR2 rangefinder

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Topshot, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

Anyone had a chance to look at or try this new rangefinder?

Seems like it could be a good thing? 2000 yard operational range up to 3000 yards.

Inbuilt ballistic program that takes B.C. Velocity, slope angle, pressure, temp etc, etc, and spits out a solution for the shot out to 1400 yards.

gseven - G7 BR2

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

The video indicated that all inputs are considered. Not sure about spin and corriols?

I went ahead and ordered a couple as the current price seems to be $0.00.:D I hope there is free shipping also.:D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010

3. partisan1911

partisan1911 Well-Known Member

Interesting, but they don't give enough detail about it. They also say the nightforce scope they are selling has a ballistically matched reticle but they don't show what the reticle looks like etc.

Maybe the setup is a bit overwhelming but I would like to try out that rangefinder to see if it really can pinpoint targets that far out? I have gotten pretty good with my swarovski but it takes total concentration.

4. Footsore

Footsore Well-Known Member

Looks like real easy to use. I would have to say just buy one when they are released and give your old one to someone like a needy brother!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  5. happylilcuss

happylilcuss Well-Known Member

Man I have been saving for a zeiss victory rf but if this has a better beam divergance than 1.6 x 0.5 millirads I might just spring for this. Although having a pair of the best binos available along with a superb rangefinder might still win me over. I am interested in this though. I will keep this thread and this rangefinder in mind untill we find out if its all its cracked up to be.

6. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i'm not as confident as Roy that the price will be 0.00. anyone know what price we're looking at here?

7. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I tried a prototype last summer. It easily ranged the furthest tree I could find at 1643 yards. This unit did not yet have the ballistic stuff. The range calc seemed like it was instantaneous. I expect it will do everything Aaron says it will when it comes to market.

I will be offering it in the LRH Gear Shop when it is available.

That is the engine used in GSeven's new free online ballistic Calculator available right here at LRH.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  8. ogremccloud

ogremccloud Well-Known Member

any idea on price?

9. Len Backus

I don't have a price yet.

10. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

when is it going to be coming out??????? I'm ready to buy a new RF and this one looks great i hope its better than any thing out today. I was about to buy a LC 1600 but may have to wait to see what this one turns out to be.

11. Len Backus

This one is well worth waiting for. I don't know the time but expect it long before spring.

12. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

Ha..Yeah good one.

13. groper

groper Well-Known Member

hmmmm. interesting.... looks like the laser rangefinder part of this product is made by laser technologies.... the same company that already makes the tru-pulse laser rangefinders, and the same company that also supplies the laser technology for Bushnell`s LRF products....

Existing Laser technologies rangefinder lasers have a 2x3milrad beam divergence, so i hope they some new "technology" or im not gonna be impressed...

14. Forester

Forester Well-Known Member

I would sure like a ballpark on price to know if it is even worth me waiting for.

$1000 or less? closer to $2000?

If they had put this technology into a binocular type platform I think they might have a real winner.

If what groper says is true and we are talking about what amounts to a Bushnell rangefinder (sure looks like one) with a ballistic program built in, Im guessing probably a $8-900 price point. If that's the case I would rather have the fusion 1600 Bushnell and keep my paper charts...