G7 Ballistic Equations???

jrmy_1

I'm wanting to create my own G7 ballistic program out of excel so I can keep it on my blackberry. I would like to have two inputs, one that I can use based on the zero conditions and then a second page that will take those values and correct the zero for the new temperature and pressure.

Anyway, I'm in need of the G7 Ballistic Equations. Anybody have them available or a good resource for them? Thanks!

J

It depends upon the range one wishes to shoot and the size of the target, but linear extrapolation would work well enough for hunting out to 1K. That is easy to program in Excell.

I'm not looking to extrapolate. I want a little more accuracy. I would interpolate between data points if it didn't produce too much error. I would like to be able to use the equations to ~1200 yds, max.

Basically, I'm looking to use the G7 model to determine time of flight/velocity/drop/etc. and based on this data, develop a muzzle trajectory. Then I would like to use the trajectory to obtain new drop/windage tables for differing atmospheric conditions, e.g. pressure/temperature/air density.

Issue is, I don't know what the G7 equations are and I would like some input on where to find them.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I know this isn't the answer you wanted. But, Nightforce NFBal can export direct to Excell.

So, you could just run a number of different scenarios and compile the results into several spreadsheet tabs or multiple files that you could choose from depending on the conditions.

Naturally, you'll want a laminated hard copy of each as well since your battery will almost certainly die when you need it most.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.