g1 bc of barnes lrx .338 280gr?

got back from the range last night and shot some 280 grain LRX at .100 off the lands and found 85 grains of Retumbo was the max load in my gun. they shot 2737 avg mz velocity and shot a .75 inch group but i think i need to fine tune the powder charge a little bit

I shot those loads I told you about and it was too hot and I tried to rush it. Didn't let the barrel cool. Have to do it all over again!!! ****!!!

I am going to load 3 at 84 grains, 3 at 84.2, 3 at 84.4 etc.. Until i get to 85 grains. Looking for a accuracy node. By the way this is from a 26 inch tube

That's what I have too. Still haven't followed your instructions tO measure off the lands. Haven't been in the reloading area in a few weeks

I'll get there

In my Norma,that is 5% less case capacity.87.5 grains Retumbo sends a Berger otm 300 gr.@ 2750,that was over a friends Oehler

You won't be seeing G7 BC's in the .500's with the toys we have here. If you can make it to the hgh .300's you are doing very well. Barnes has announced that they are now using (or wil be in the near future) doppler radar for BC caluclations, which should promote a more accurate BC than previously listed.

The BC of the 280 LRX isn't on their sight yet, but there are a few on here that will tell you the Barnes published BC's are on the conservative side (which is ok with me). I know that a quick e-mail to the Barnes support staff would provide at least a good starting point.

If I were a betting man (i'm not cause I stink at it:D), I would put the G1 in the .590-.600 area... but that is an honest SWAG.

Hope that helps,
If you have a lab radar you can determine a G7 BC for yourself wich will be quite close to the AB Radar G7. Do it by shooting 5-6 shots that track 100. -150 yds and use the Kestrel to measure the atmospherics then plug the data into the JBM velocity BC calculator using the G7 model and the average of the G7BCs will be within 5% of the AB radar. The G7 is less velocity dependent and thus works very well. You can do this for any boat tail bullet to compare G7 BCs. Of note is that each rifle will generate slightly different BCs using the same bullet.

Anyone have a idea what the ballistic coefficient is of that bullet? Want to punch some #s to see what it flies.
image.jpg