g1 bc of barnes lrx .338 280gr?

The bc of the 265 lrx is .575 which is the same as the ttsx. I have shot these and they shoot pretty good. I could not find anything on the 280 lrx but I would guess that it will be around .585 which is what the 285 ttsx is. Ryan

I think those are G7 BCs .... I spoke to them at the SCI show here in Vegas Friday and the guy told me that the SC they use is G7..

You won't be seeing G7 BC's in the .500's with the toys we have here. If you can make it to the hgh .300's you are doing very well. Barnes has announced that they are now using (or wil be in the near future) doppler radar for BC caluclations, which should promote a more accurate BC than previously listed.

The BC of the 280 LRX isn't on their sight yet, but there are a few on here that will tell you the Barnes published BC's are on the conservative side (which is ok with me). I know that a quick e-mail to the Barnes support staff would provide at least a good starting point.

If I were a betting man (i'm not cause I stink at it:D), I would put the G1 in the .590-.600 area... but that is an honest SWAG.

Hope that helps,

i think we will see it come in in the high 6 to low 7. if it like everything else they figure the will come in with bc that dont work with any of the programs out there.we will have to map out are own drops. i sure hope there doppler is closer. rick

i think we will see it come in in the high 6 to low 7. if it like everything else they figure the will come in with bc that dont work with any of the programs out there.we will have to map out are own drops. i sure hope there doppler is closer. rick

See, I told you I was a terrible gambler!:D I would be pretty happy with a low .700BC. I would have to give it a whirl on a long range speed goat or muley just for grins.:cool:

I am not a betting man either but I am going to have to go with outlaw on this one, .6 is my guess on about where they will end up

Hello!
Have anyone tried the lrx 280 gr? Experiences/accuracy and load data?
I have ordered some so i am a curious.

i have 2 boxes that will be showing up tomorrow. i will pm you when i do some testing. also i e-mailed Barnes and they said for retumbo to start with 82 grains

Riley

Got my thing last night when I got home. I'll get to measure the distance soon. Also, got some match kings 250 gr. and some CE bullets. Cool looking and I'll let u know how they shoot.