g-haww-ggggg

foxhunter

shot these two pigs this morning between 7:30 and 8:00 am. arrived at the field at daybreak and set up where i had seen the big pig the night before. the smaller one popped up first at about 150 yards, easy shot with the eyeball rifle (22 br). the little pig weighed in at 9 pounds 3 ounces on my digital scales. the large one went 18 pounds 2 ounces, thats 1 pound 14 ounces shy of the monster i shot last fall.

the rifle is a blueprinted remington 700 , sako extractor, jewel trigger, remington titanium stock, hart barrel in remington magnum contour, chambered in a tight neck 22 br.

the big pig was shot at 50 yards off hand and i literally cut his throat.
IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Those are big ones. 18 pounds!!!
Besides having fun shooting them and keeping them away from eating the grass in the fields what do you do with them after they are dead?

some people eat them, i don't but my beagle has developed quite a taste for them, takes her about 2 days to eat a 9 pounder. it's kind of funny to see a 22 pound dog try and eat a 9 pound g-hog in one setting.
one odd thing, nearly all the one i have shot this year were males.
here is one from yesterday.
IMG_0137.jpg

bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.