Furlough again ...

IRA Early Withdrawal Penalty

"An IRA early withdrawal penalty is assessed on IRA withdrawals taken before you reach age 59 ½.

How does the IRA early withdrawal penalty work? Here's an example:

Suppose you are age 54 and you take $10,000 from your traditional IRA.

The $10,000 shows up as income on the first page of your tax return.
This income is included along with all other sources of income to determine the total amount of tax owed for the year.
The amount of tax owed on the $10,000 will depend on your income tax rate, which is determined by your total income and deductions.
In addition to tax on the $10,000 early withdrawal, a 10% penalty tax is assessed on the withdrawal.
In this scenario that would be an additional $1,000 of tax owed in addition to your ordinary income taxes."

edge.

I understand now, lump sum withdrawl. I didn't do that. I did a lateral and reinvested everything in a compatible plan and the took the maximum monthly withdrawl, been doing that 9 years now and plenty left.

I'm about to pull 40 grand in a lump sum for a land purchase but I'll get 40 plus the tax liability and have them withold the liability to net 40.

From what I read in the newspaper, It looks as though the impasse will be protracted. Boner and Reid are at loggerheads. IMO, they are both boners....

It's amazing just how dysfunctional the House and Senate has become. Where did representing the people go to?

I also wonder when the final bell will toill for this empire. 'Fiddling while Rome Burns' is taking on a new meaning..........

Anymore, you have to decipher what you read in the paper, no tabloid really tells the truth today.

If Obama does not implement the law as written then the GOP has every right to try to break it up!
Why does Obama get the right to not implement it as written and he gets a pass, but when the GOP wants to not implement almost the same thing but on the personal side they get lambasted?

Why are not the food safety inspectors essential workers but Obama's staff is?
What stays open is 100% on Obama, he declares what is essential and what is not.

As far as paying Government workers, that are furloughed after this is over ( on October 16th ) to me should actually be illegal!
They have done it in the past, but it is actually BS, if you don't work you don't get paid PERIOD!

Now, IMO the answer is easy to the pay question. With the sequester and the funding this year will be about the same most Federal workers lose x number of days during the year. Count these non work days toward those furlough days and be done with it.

edge.

As some of you know, I am work as a Federal Law Enforcement Agent. We were deemed "essential employees" so we are working without pay until all of this blows over but we will get paid at the end of it "sometime or another". I feel sorry for those who didnt save up for something like this, but I feel more sorry for the ones who are furloughed and will not get paid at all. It doesn't happen often but it does happen and EVERYONE should have an emergency fund saved up for things like this whether you work for the government or not.

What I really wish, is that they would pass a budget and then let us enforce all the laws as they were meant to be enforced. Now that would solve a LOT of problems!

Here is one that will **** all you off. My cousin works for the government something to do with welfare fraud ebt cards. Found out today he is off to. But kick in the sac is they are still paying and funding ebt card. So we cant pay or enforcement officers of all kinds but can still had out money to these a holes wearing 300 bucks worth of FUBU clothes buying cigs and monster? ***.

Here is one that will **** all you off. My cousin works for the government something to do with welfare fraud ebt cards. Found out today he is off to. But kick in the sac is they are still paying and funding ebt card. So we cant pay or enforcement officers of all kinds but can still had out money to these a holes wearing 300 bucks worth of FUBU clothes buying cigs and monster? ***.

Those are the 'voters' that propelled Obama to a second term. They have to be repaid at any cost, excuse me, at any entitlement cost.........:)

Yep, they tossed my partner out that works as a Redhat CATEM instructor at Malmstrom too, on the plus side we're getting all sorts of work done on the ranch now lol Mind if I ask what part of the base you work on? My mother also worked there for quite awhile before they axed her contract in the name of saving money a few years back... If you couldn't tell that didn't help them much!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.