funny story.

While playing golf years ago, I got snookered into a $100. nassau. For those who don't play golf, this game is kinda like a running bet that could double after each hole played plus side bets depending on the form agreed upon. Anyhow, I had less than one hundred dollars in my pocket at the first tee. My partner told me not to worry.

My point in telling this is that the monitary pressure can be great motivation to perform. At the time I was a single digit handicap and these guys were teens and twenty's. I lost the first hole and won all but 2 thereafter. That was about a $2100. day for me. I never played for that kind on money again. And that was the only timein my life I ever played below par, raw score.

Good luck shootin' the 1k. do what you can to get ready and remember, "no pressure!"

Long range challenge update.. my fil called me saturday said grab your stuff were gona go to arthur for the shoot . We found my fil friend. I I drove a 4x 4 box out 993 yards on rangefinder. I asked if he was ok for the distance he said looked good no problim... i got out my shooting mat kestral. I phone are rangefinder. And last my rifle .. i asked if he was ready to proceed and he said that he didn' t want to do anything that would damage our friendship. I said if he thinks this will hurt it then we can call it off if thats wjat he wants to do. He was thinking i could tell. I said i dont want to damage friendship eitherand asked if he wanted to call it a draw and just be good friends.. if he wasnt to we can ill be ok with that .. he said thats what he wanted to do.. i said ok .. and loased my stuff back up. He said he wanted to shoot some jacks on the pivit he pulled out his
. Marlin lever action 308. I thought it was a 30-30. He said nope a 308 and thats its deadly to thousand i siad hell yea it is. Then we shot a jack and went and looked at some antelope. Called it a day and headed home. My fil said he was real proud of the way i acted and was proud of me. I said thanks ..

Previous page...

I think we all learned two important things here from this story.

#1... if you're gonna talk the talk, better be ready to walk the walk.

#2... it's never too late to for two "gentlemen" to come to an amicable agreement and save face

I applaud you for stepping up to the plate and being a man of your word. So many people these days would have balked and ran.
On the lighter side of it all, you learned you CAN do it (shoot 1000yds) and gained a nice area to hunt in.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.