Full size spotter vs compact

GetReel

Right now I have a Kowa Prominar TSN-663 w/25-60 Wide lens. I'm thinking of selling for a compact spotter (Swarovski STC 17-40x56).
Pros: less weight, smaller footprint in pack, easier to use on a window mount, more versatile (this might be subjective)
Cons: loss of magnification, ???

Can I get some more input from others that have switched?

Im going that route right now.There is no perfect scope, more based on use, Ive had 1/2 dozen scopes.For rig glassing the Kowa 774 was favorite, also ran the 30 w majority.My swaro STM 65 W 25X 50 W is for sale.Friend has the STC and its very close up to 40,which will work for me and I need a packer for archery elk.If I still had my great antelope spot I would have kept kowa.I also had baby kowa, and if I would have kept I would keep what I had.But the swaro has a better eye box and it will work for 90% of what im doing.It is slightly heavier than Kowa, but I find it easier to glass with.Iglassed side by side with both the Sawros

Really depends on what you use the spotter for. I have an STX 95 and 65 lens. And have the ATC. I find myself grabbing the ATC probably 90 per cent of the time. It's just so handy for the range, truck, and glassing where counting points or rings isn't critical past about 2 miles. Most of the time 40x is enough and the more magnification picks up more mirage. I took the 95 and ATC to Texas in January on an aoudad hunt and found no benefit in the bigger one. Just to clarify though, we only were ranging up to about 2 miles.

I've had both the Kowa 553 and the Swaro Atc and have used both extensively. I love the Kowa glass for a full size spotter, in fact I sold my swaro ATX system and switched to Kowa. For a compact spotter, you're far better off with the Swaro as the eyepiece is the same size as the atx system and is a pleasure to glass behind for long periods. The Kowa 553 eyepiece is small and is terrible for long glassing sessions. The 40x vs 45x between the Swaro and Kowa is hardly noticeable when comparing side by side. Personally if I could only own one spotting scope, I'd stick with the full size Kowa but fortunately I am able to own several spotting scopes and they all have their purpose. Good luck with your decision.