• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS/T: .25-06 with BOSS, scope mount, rings...

Plainsman

WTS/T: Winchester M70 bolt action rifle in .25-06 with the Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System (BOSS) made only in 1995 and 1996. This is the newer, PRE-'64 model with CLAW EXTRACTOR ala Mauser Style action! I also have the original box and papers, the box may not be in the best of shape but will be included. This is the muzzle brake version and has virtually no recoil. It feels less than .243's I've shot.

This comes with a set of 1" rings and mounts. I don't remember if they are Millet or Leopold rings/mounts but will try to determine. I had a 40mm scope on this rifle to give you an idea of height.

This rifle has been fired with loads well below the maximums as I don't 'supe' up loads. It has had less than 500 rounds through it. I've also never found what the full capabilities of this rifle are as I set the BOSS to the factory suggested setting and found some loads that were satisfactory to me without experimenting further. I had it into an inch at 100 and didn't look further.

It is in great shape! The only marring is around the front sling stud where I've had a Harris bipod mounted and the two "ears" have left a ring around the stud.
Here's a link to the only pic of it on the web http://www.stormloader.com/plainsman/FirearmsPages/scopes.html

I have too many toys to justify putting more money into a scope for this one! I want to sell it and concentrate on my .44 collection, i.e. more reloading supplies, sights, etc. This would allow me to shoot them more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm asking $500 obo shipped from me to your FFL or face to face within a reasonable driving distance of Fargo, ND.

I welcome offers of trade as well with one stipulation. I need to get some cash to work with, therefore I am looking for items along with a minimum of $200 cash on your end. You just never know what I may find interesting, so don't be afraid to make an offer! Here is a listing of items I'm most interested in currently not in any order:
Rifle scopes especially IER.
Cutlery and quality axes/hatchets such as Gransfors Bruks.
Reloading/casting equipment/components for the .44 or .444.
Firearms in .44 or .444…
Possibly .22, .22WMR, or .22Hornet rifles…
10/22 parts
Possibly an H&R/NEF rifle…
Good packs, vests, etc…
15mm or 25mm wargaming figures/accessories esp. for DBA

Shoot me an email at: [email protected]
Thank you!

Plainsman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif [email protected]