• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Semi Custom Remmy 243 Reduced

winmagman

I've got a ADL style 243 Win that is just sitting in the safe not getting any use, and since I'd like to start another project I'm putting it on the block. Components as follows:

Squared Remington RH SA with "J" lock
Badger recoil lug
Factory trigger @ 2.5lbs
Richards Microfit Culbertson stock with Tru oil finish

For lack of a better term I'm calling this barrel a factory second
Rock Creek M24 contour (.900 @ muzzle) 26" 5R 8 twist barrel with 96 rounds down the tube.

Back in 2004 I spent some time lapping barrels in the Rock Creek Shop. This particular barrel was getting set up to be rifled and after the very first pass the machine went down. The barrel had to be removed for repairs to be made on the machine and when it was reinstalled it wasn't lined up quite right. As a result 1 land has a step on the edge that is a couple of thous. deep. Can't be seen with the naked eye and doesn't seem to affect accuracy but Mike said it was there and he wouldn't sell it to a customer that way. So we worked out a deal and I put it on this build.

This rifle shoots .5 to.75 moa at 100, 300, and 500 yds with the only load I worked up in it with the 105 Amax.

I'll even leave the Tasco World Class Plus 8x32x50 on it, but the bipod stays here.
Also included 145 new 105 gr Amaxes, 50 pulled 105 Amaxes, and 150 Nosler Partitions 100 grs.
$850 Shipped to your FFL in the CONUS

HPIM1224.jpg

HPIM1228.jpg

HPIM1227.jpg

HPIM1226.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Re: FS Semi Custom Remmy 243

For lack of a better term I'm calling this barrel a factory second[/B]
Rock Creek M24 contour (.900 @ muzzle) 26" 5R 8 twist barrel with 96 rounds down the tube.

Back in 2004 I spent some time lapping barrels in the Rock Creek Shop. This particular barrel was getting set up to be rifled and after the very first pass the machine went down. The barrel had to be removed for repairs to be made on the machine and when it was reinstalled it wasn't lined up quite right. As a result 1 land has a step on the edge that is a couple of thous. deep. Can't be seen with the naked eye and doesn't seem to affect accuracy but Mike said it was there and he wouldn't sell it to a customer that way. So we worked out a deal and I put it on this build.

Chris

Now that's what I call full disclosure!:)

Now that's what I call full disclosure!

Yea.......that might be a case of to much information:D, and it might bite me in the butt. However its just to darn hard to repair a damaged cyber-reputation, so I'd rather keep mine on the up and up and not deliver any unpleasant suprises to anyone.

Something my parents beat into me I guess:D

Chris

Very nice job on your stock. How many hours do you have in it?

jmason,

That stock came very rough and took a good 6-8 hrs of initial sanding to get ready to finish. After that it was just 30-40 minutes every 3rd day for 10 coats with progressively finer sandpaper.

But if I had it to do over again I'd just order a Russo stock, those darn things show up about ready to finish.:D I just didn't know about them at the time.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I keep hearing the same things you just told me:D. I'll take your advise!