• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Semi custom hunting rifle 6.5x47

kylongshot

I traded for this but havent shot it myself and it just sits in the safe so its gonna go! Great lightweight hunting rifle.

Heres the spec on it....

It started out as a new PSS 308,i had it taken apart for the action.

blueprinted action
fluted bolt and Tactical bolt knob
fluted Krieger #4 8.5 twist 5R cut @ 22"s plus break =24"s
Mcmillan Sporter Olive, Tan and Black 13 1/2" LOP
Pillar's and Devcon Bedded
BDL Bottom Metal
Timney Trigger Set @ 1.5#s
Has 40 rounds down the tube and is like it was the day I picked it up from the Smith, its only been to the range 2 times and has sit in the safe.
it was built here buy a local smith (Cody's custom guns), I have a few others that he has built for me also and they are all shooter's and he does a very fine job on them. Also have 100 new Lapua brass and 200 once fired. 23 pcs that was used for load work up. Redding 36479 dies with 3 bushings .287 steel, .288 steel and .288 Ti and 300 berger 140 hybrids. Id like to have $1850 shipped for the gun shipped and $700 for the dies,bullets,brass and bushings. I will make a better deal if someone wants all of it

What does the rifle weigh as shown in the photos?

Also, the target indicates 2907 fps with a 140gr Berger, which seems like a lot from only a 22" barrel. The Berger manual shows a maximum muzzle velocity of 2692 fps from a 24" barrel using RE-17. Can you provide more details to validate your MV?

it weighs 7.4lbs, those are the numbers that the guy i bought the gun from gave me. He lives in Utah and id say elevation has a lot to do with the speed. I can give you his contact info if your interested in buying the rifle.

Nice looking gun.....load up some Lapua 123 gr or Hornady amax bullets w R17 and you would really like it....8.5 twist is usually not enough for 140 class bullets...good luck on you sale

Recent Posts