• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Sako 85 Grey Wolf Stainless - 338 Federal w/ Zeiss Scope

bhtkevin

For sale is my beloved Sako 85 Grey Wolf in 338 Federal. If you are curious to what a 338 federal can do, you can read this article[/URL].
This is the smoothest bolt I have ever worked and is a testament to Sako quality. I am happy with the Sako AV line and even the Tikka, but this is so much better in build quality its noticable to people that dont even know guns well. Its shoots the 180 GR accubonds better than I can and well under 1 MOA.
Specs on the Sako Website
SAKO 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless
I bought this rifle to hunt black bear but have killed more deer and hogs with it since that trip. Its great for deer and excellent on hogs.
Here is a link to the bear I shot with it:
My Alaska Bear Hunt - Photobook and Story - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
Right now I have a Zeiss 3.5-10x44 MC[/URL] mounted on it but if you dont want the scope I will knock off $500 and keep it (Z-plex reticle). Its sighted in for the 180 grain Nosler Accubond bullets I will include and puts them in a quarter @ 100 yards when you do your part.
Ammo:
Federal Premium Vital Shok: 338 Federal 180 GR Nosler Accubond
1 Full Box
1 Box with 8 rounds and 12 once shot brass
Note these are $38.99 per box at MidwayUSA.com
It's a hard decision, but the only reason I am selling is I need a 400-500 yard mountain gun for an Ibex hunt I have planned in the fall.
Price: $1500 obo with scope and ammo
(w/o scope its $1000)
Trade I am thinking about is a Sako 85 Finnlight, Custom, Kimber Montana in 270WSM or similar long range caliber. Needs to be synthetic or laminate and the barrel has to be stainless without a muzzle brake. Since I am so picky on what I am looking to get next, I decided a sale would be better.
It has one scratch on the left side and a dink on the bottom (see pics). Other than that, its perfect. The bolt can be worked with one finger and it has less than 100 rounds in the tube.
photo1.jpg

photo-(4).jpg

photo-(5).jpg

photo-(6).jpg

photo-(7).jpg

photo-(8).jpg

photo-(9).jpg