• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: ROCK, FLUTED .308 Barrel

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but for my sendero what would I have to do or should I say the gunsmith have to do to that barrel for it to go on my gun and have a finished length of 30 inches??
I want to buy another gun, lighter then the sendero for packing and use the sendero for setting up in a big canyon or targets out to a mile.
I hear terms like lapping the barrel and so on. But my other question is would that 1-8 twist be too much for bullets lighter then the 240gr sierra's??? I am full of lots of questions.

Your gunsmith can cut it to any length you want. Just about ALL of the custom barrel makers hand lap their barrels before they ship them, including Rock. Because of this it is recommended that at least 1" be cut off of every barrel to remove the portion of the barrel that gets flared slightly during the lapping process. As far as the twist being to fast for lighter bullets, depending on what cartridge you chamber it in, and the velocities you generate, it would probably not work well with Bergers with standard jackets, and possibly even their target jackets, but I think the Sierra Match Kings in the 200, 210, and 220gr should hold up fine.
Paul at Wildcat Bullets told me he hopes to be starting on the .308 cal 265gr RBBT bullets this summer, and he recommends and 8 twist for them.
Hope this helps.

Dave

yes sir , what other cartridge in the 30 caliber besides 308 can i chamber this barrel for and what is your best price on t barrel

This barrel can be chambered in ANY cartridge, standard or wildcat that uses a .308" diameter bullet, although I would suggest not going with a parent case any larger than the 338 Lapua as it has a 1.25" diameter shank.
This barrel new from Rock would be right at $475.00 plus shipping, so $395.00 SHIPPED is as low as I am going.

Thanks
Dave