• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: NorCal precision 6-284

Deadeye Ruck

After much consideration I have decided to part ways with what was an obsession for me over the past couple of years. It has sat in the safe for the last two years and I don't forsee me pulling it out any time soon.

The rifle is a 6mm x 284 build on a trued and blueprinted M700 BDL SA. All of the smith work was done by Jerry Rice of NorCal precision. Jerry's pledge is to build the most accurate Remington rifles on the planet and he sure hit his mark with this one. The action wears 30/1/2" 1:9 twist unturned 1 1/4" diam stainless straight taper K&P barrel. The rifle has a .278 neck allowing you to FL size lapua 6.5x284 down to 6mm and FF without any neck turning. It sits in a McMillan HBR stock (green). The stock is standard LOP, has been weighted and a Kickeeze recoil pad installed. The rifle has a 2 oz jewel trigger and single shot adapter glued in. Stock has a few very minor nicks as pictured from being maneuvered in and out of the safe. Rifle has seen a total of 102 rounds over it's lifetime and has a ton of life left in it. It's been babied, never allowed to heat up and cleaned regularly. The scope, rings or base are NOT included! This is for the rifle, dies and brass only.

Rifle itself weighs in just a shade under 21lbs and about 23 lbs with a Nightforce BR 12-42x56 mounted on top. The design of this rifle was purely for extreme long range chuck hunting. I was able to achieve outstanding accuracy out of the 87g Vmax pushed along at a tough over 3700 fps using RL-17. The rifle was designed to be heavy enough to spot your own hits at distance. It's rock solid and is a real pleasure to shoot. I killed a couple of groundhogs with it and I will admit that I have never seen an equaled amount of carnage like this thing dishes out. Hitting bowling pins at 1000 yards is no trouble at all with this set up

Rifle comes with full set of dies (redding type s bushing neck dies) and also includes a FL die for necking down 6.5x284 brass. I will throw in 100 pieces of Lapua brass that I also have for the rifle.

I am asking $1550 shipped or $1500 FTF for the whole package deal shipped insured to your FFL in the lower 48. (Please recall this does NOT include the scope, rings or base) This should include everything you need to get going with the exception of the scope, powder, primers and bullets. If you want just the rifle, I will let it go for $1375 shipped or $1300 FTF The dies for this rifle alone will ran me about $200.

This thing is a real jewel and I hate to get rid of it but hopefully someone else will get more fun out of it than I have lately. It is only taking up space (a large amount of space!) in my safe and collecting dust

(.45 ACP case for comparison)
Note the small scratch to the right of the chart