• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Mega Machine 6.8SPC (Custom) - Gauging Interest (TX)

sneedb82

OFF THE MARKET --- Mega Machine 6.8SPC (Custom) - Gauging Interest (TX)

***TAKEN OFF THE MARKET. PLEASE LOCK****

I know it's close to Christmas, and some folks 'discretionary' spending money is tied up right now. I'm gauging interest in this gun, and it's worth to the general population.

What I have:

Lower:
Mega Machine Forged Lower w/ DPMS low-parts kit.
KNS Gen II, Mod II Anti-roll pins
Magpul MIAD Full Grip kit (FDE color), including trigger guard
Spikes Tactical 6 Position Milspec Buffer Extension
Spikes Tactical St-T2 buffer
Magpul CTR in FDE Color
Magpul ASAP plate

Upper:
Mega Machine Forged M4 Upper (match) w/ BCM Forward Assist and Ejection Port Assembly
BCM/VLTOR Gunfighter Billet Charging handle
Stag 6.8 Bolt
BCM Full Auto BCG
White Oak Armament 16" 6.8x43mm Barrel, 1/11" twist, 6groove, Mid-length Gas system
Midwest Industries Low Profile gas block.
Wilson Combat Accu-tac Flash Hider
JP Enterprises/Viking Tactics Rifle Length Free Float Tube

The upper has not had any optics mounted to it. The barrel has been shot with 125 rounds of ammunition, all commercial loads, no tactical loads fired through it as of yet. It will handle the commercial loads for sure though.

I'm looking at $1200 for the package, and will include a Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32 VPlex scope w/ mount and 2 PRI 25 round magazines for free.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
ETA: I do not have the last targets, however, this rifle was shooting at 1MOA at 100yards with hornady vmax and nosler accubond 110gr bullets (factory loads)

--Brandon

Prior to installing the JP/VTAC FF Tube:
MegaMega68SPC.jpg

First kill with the rifle, with JP/VTAC FF Tube; Before installation of WCAT Flashider:
turkey121209012.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting combo.

Is the bottom picture the package you are selling?

Did you shoot the 1" groups with peep sights?

What velocity does it get with the short barrel?

DPMS stock dual stage 4#+ trigger?

Thanks
Allen

Interesting combo.

Is the bottom picture the package you are selling?

Did you shoot the 1" groups with peep sights?

What velocity does it get with the short barrel?

DPMS stock dual stage 4#+ trigger?

Thanks
Allen

Hahaha... I'm such a weird guy, let me tell you.
I previously had a Prostaff 3-9x40 that I shot the 1" groups with. Not the scope that's installed currently. The scope I put on it was just to have some optics on it while waiting on a new Vortex to try on it. THe vortex has yet to be mounted actually (still new in the box).

The bottom picture is indeed how I'm selling it. If you want that scope pictured, or the Vortex (either, or, not both) at the price listed.

The velocity with a 16" barrel is astounding! I don't chrono, nor do I have any loads worked up yet, but the 110 accubond is close to 2700fps out of the 16" barrel. The 6.8 round thanks to the 1/11" twist is a lot faster and more accurate out of the shorter barrels than what Remington first attributed. 68forums has a plethora of information about the speeds, I don't have that at the moment.

I believe the stock trigger is single stage, roughly 4.5-5.5lbs, but can be worked nicely by those smarter than I.

Thanks for the reply. I saw you posted the good group, but also said no optics had been mounted on the upper... and wondered if you were a sniper with the iron sights pictured...lol

Sounds like a nice rig, too bad I ordered a shotgun last night...

Allen

Nosler ACCU BOND BONDED PROJECTILE, Designed to meet optimum performance for FBI use.2630 FPS commercial, 2550 FPS tactical from 16" BBL, 1-10 twist

That's out of a 1/10" barrel. Sorry I couldn't remember the exact numbers. That's roughly about what to expect, however, 11" twist is optimal for all bullets quite frankly. I don't want to get rid of it, but the wife's in need of some equipment for her studio.

The upper has not had any optics mounted to it. The barrel has been shot with 125 rounds of ammunition, all commercial loads, no tactical loads fired through it as of yet. It will handle the commercial loads for sure though.

--Brandon

Prior to installing the JP/VTAC FF Tube:
MegaMega68SPC.jpg

First kill with the rifle, with JP/VTAC FF Tube; Before installation of WCAT Flashider:
turkey121209012.jpg

I dont get it, if the upper has not had any optics mounted to it what is on it in the turkey picture?

BTW what part of TX are you in?

I dont get it, if the upper has not had any optics mounted to it what is on it in the turkey picture?

BTW what part of TX are you in?

An upper receiver assembly includes the barrel. The upper receiver by itself is what I'm referring to. So therefore, the upper receiver that is currently installed has never had optics mounted.

Background:
Mega upper receiver originally was out of spec. It was sent to Mega Machine and they fixed it for free, and while they were working on it, I had a Wilson Combat upper receiver that is installed with the barrel in the picture with the turkey. That upper receiver has since been exchanged for the new Mega, and the new Mega receiver has not had any optics mounted on it. The Wilson Combat has.

No confusion intended.

I'm in West Texas, near Lubbock about an hour and a half. Will be in Lubbock in February permanently.