• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Lawton 7000

warrbuk

For Sale

New in the box Lawton 7000 Long Repeater, Magnum bolt face, fluted bolt. Stainless Steel, Right hand bolt

$750.oo plus Shipping / Insurance

Project plans changed direction. Less than current price and no waiting for a great action.

Please call Matt @ 707-974-7105

Yes, it will work for the 338 Edge. Check with your gunsmith for absolute confirmation.

I'm pretty sure 264win was asking about whether or not the 7000 would work for the 338 Edge, which is based off of a standard magnum case head diameter.

But I agree that the 338 Lapua would best be mated to the larger Lawton action/bolt.

I'm pretty sure 264win was asking about whether or not the 7000 would work for the 338 Edge, which is based off of a standard magnum case head diameter.

But I agree that the 338 Lapua would best be mated to the larger Lawton action/bolt.
Yes, i miss read the thread. Okey, im not to familar with either one of the 338's, what is the difference between the Edge and the Laupa : case head diameter, etc. Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
The 338 Edge is the 300 RUM case necked to 338 w/.550 head diameter while the 338 Lapua is .590 head diameter like the 416 Rigby ao the 378 Wby. That requires a larger action. I have built a 338 Edge on the 7000 Lawton and it is well sized for that round.
Randy