• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Kowa TSN-822's with 32x Wide Angle & 21x Wide Angle eyepieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdawg

For Sale:

Two (2) Kowa TSN-822 Spotting Scopes. They are currently mounted on a bracket to allow binocular viewing (BIG EYES Style). Each of the scopes comes with a 32x Wide Angle Eyepiece and a 21x Wide Angle Eyepiece.
The scopes are extremely clear and have no issues what so ever! (See pictures).

I will sell as a set for $1900.00 (with bracket & eyepieces) or individually for $975.00 each (plus actual shipping/insurance). If you are local, I will throw in a custom oak dovetailed box (it is way too heavy to ship, unless you are willing to pay shipping for it).

The reason for selling is just to build something else.

I am also willing to partial trade for a Nightforce 12-42 Benchrest scope or a custom rifle action/stock/trigger, etc Let me know what you have.

Please PM any questions.
Thanks!
Wolfdawg

Attachments

• Kowa 1.jpg
    Kowa 1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Kowa 2.jpg
    Kowa 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Kowa 3.jpg
    Kowa 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Kowa 4.jpg
    Kowa 4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 20
Almost 100 views and no responses... :eek:

If you have any intersest at all, shoot me an offer, trade offer, or both. I am open to dealing.

Wolfdawg

They are aligned (colomated) to each other just like binoculars. We use them for long range competition spotting and long range hunting.

I am not sure what they weigh (7-9 lbs maybe? Kowa rates the scopes at 3.17lbs + eyepieces & bracket). The scopes are made from carbon fiber shells and are extremely durable and light for their size.
From Kowa:

Kowa enjoys a spectacular reputation of enduring quality internationally, where there are large numbers of nature enthusiasts.
Kowa's world class flagship model, the TSN-822 M, was created using advanced optical technology and the best materials known. The 82mm objective lens gathers gobs of light, ensuring a bright field of view. With a combination of such sharpness, power and exit pupil, this is a tool for observation from dawn to dusk.
It is not a matter easily settled until you experience the differences for yourself, but choosing between straight and angled viewing versions of spotting scopes depends heavily on your useage. Scopes with straight viewing are easier for locating the subject, but more difficult to share the view for those of varying heights. They're usually just a bit shorter, lighter and less expensive as well. Scopes with angled viewing are a bit more cumbersome to locate your subject with, but are much easier to share amongst users of varied heights. Angled scopes are advantageous for observing things above you, while if you'll be at a high location you'll prefer a straight scope.

Main lens composed from environmentally friendly, lead-free "eco-glass"
Unique flat & wide porro prism design (alternative designs curl and bulk upward) eases handling and improves balance
Full multicoatings on all lenses and prisms
360° rotating base with click stops allows usage from many angles-even overhead
Quick-aiming finder on the scope's right aids in object locating
Sliding sun shade shields unnecessary light and raindrops while providing protection for the front element (which has an 86mm filter thread)
Sealing and O-ring purging which lets you scoff at conditions
Adaptable to 35 mm SLR cameras, digital cameras, and video cameras with optional photo adapter
Metal alloy & carbon fiber rubber-armored construction
Equipped with both 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 tripod threads
Objective Lens Diameter 82mm
Minimum Focus Distance 19.7' (6.0 m)
Weatherproofing Waterproof & fogproof
Dimensions 15.1" (383mm)
Weight 3.17 lb (1440 g)

This would be an amazing setup! I have been seriously considering going to a setup like this and selling my Kowa TSN 884 Prominar to do so. Interested in a trade?

I am not opposed to trades, I am not really looking for another spotting scope though. And, considering that the Prominars are $2200 to $2400, I wasn't considering throwing any money into the deal.
I am looking for a 12-42 Nightforce Benchrest scope, 10-50 Sightron scope, or custom rifle actions, though.

Wolfdawg

They are still for sale.

I would need a zip code to give you an idea about shipping and insurance.

I see you are from western PA. Where are you located? I live in central PA (near Williamsport). There might be an easier way to get them there if need be.

Wolfdawg

Zip is 15061 I hunt LR in north central Pa and am fairly close to Williamsport
Do you shoot the Matches there?

That does not look like a "Randy Yohn"mounting bracket. What kind is it??

The mount was made by Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles based off of a design by some Amish machinist (Lost Creek Shoe Shop possibly)?

I do shoot at Williamsport Original PA 1000 yard club. I am actually the statistician there.

You ever get there?

Wolfdawg

Once or twice too far long time ago

I have several Howard Wolfe and Mark King rifles that I hunt and target shoot with. I have one pair of Kowas like that and was looking for another as I feel the are one of the best going for LR. I also have some Spacemasters like that . What year did you buy them and any wear??

Wolfdawg
I will be leaving the office but I am genuinely interested in the Kowas. I will be back online later in the near future.

Zeeman

Wolfdawg
I have a cabin in Clearfield County and am close to Rt 80. I could meet you somewhwere to check them out . I would be interested in the case also.. I will be up there August 18 and 25. Also sometime the week of Sept 3-8
Please confirm getting this as the multiple windows seem a bit redundant.
Zeeman

Wolfdawg

I do not know if you are getting my posts. My cell number is 7243125563.
Give me a call and we can talk if you are still interested in selling.

Zeeman

Status
Not open for further replies.