• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS J.M. Penrod Win 70 Classic 338 WM (IN)

safarihunter

SPF J.M. Penrod Win 70 Classic 338 WM (IN)

SPF

I sent this rifle to Mark Penrod at Penrod Precision and is marked J.M.Penrod.

I thought that I needed a 338 to fill in between a 300 WM and 375 H&H but I haven't used the 338 so it is available for sale.

The rifle has a Krieger CM barrel measuring .660 at the muzzle. Williams one piece bottom metal with correct mag box, follower and extra duty spring. The trigger was surface ground and pull was set at a very crisp 2.5#. The extractor was replaced with a Williams CM extractor and tuned to slip over the case rim. The cocking piece has been timed to the trigger and safety wing, a heavier firing pin spring has been installed. The barrel chamber has been chamfered. The rifle is pillar bedded into a McMillan Supergrade stock with brown and black swirl finish, 13 1/2 pull with a 1" Decelerator pad. The rifle has Leupold custom dual dovetail gunsmith bases made by Mark and fitted to 1" rings. Rings have been lightly lapped. Mark hand polished the barreled action, fine blasted and applied his premium blued finish. The rifle weighs in at 8# 10 oz. with the rings and bases. There are probably more features but the above pretty well summarizes the rifle.

I have fired approx 120 rounds thru the rifle for barrel break in and load development.

The rifle has only been to the range. I have not hunted with the rifle

DSC05519.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

DSC05520.jpg

DSC05515.jpg

DSC05516.jpg

DSC05522.jpg

When I dropped off another project to Mark a couple of weeks ago, Mark told me that he would currently charge $2400.00 plus my action for this exact rifle. I am offering this rifle at $1850.00 plus actual shipping and insurance to your dealer.

The purchaser of this rifle will have the opportunity to purchase approximately 1000 Nosler 250gr Partition bullets at $20.00/ box of 50. I had planned on keeping this rifle a while and stocked up on bullets.

Last edited:
a bump for a penrod rifle
i own three rifles built by mark and all are extremely accurate and im getting ready for him to start a fourth one for me
good luck with your sell, if i wasnt already planning another build with mark i wouldnt hesitate about jumping on this gun