• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS APS Rem700 280AI by Kirby Allen

5Redman8

As much as I hate to do this, I must. This is just too much gun for my needs. Kirby builds a wonderful gun and he built it to my specs, unfortunately I KNEW what I wanted but ignored what I NEEDED. The longest place I have to shoot is 500yds. I had visions of shooting to 1000yds but plain and simple there are very few places I can do that. I am looking to sell or trade for a lighter and handier rifle with a 500-600 yards max.

This is a:

Allen Precision Shooting 280AI rifle
-Rem 700 BDL
-Trued/Lapped
-J-Lock removed
-Tubbs Speed lock system
-26.5" Lilja Barrel Sendero Contour No Flutes
-1 in 9 twist
-Shilen Hunting Trigger with Rem Wide Shoe added
-HS Precision PST03 Stock in Green/Tan camo
-Factory Bottom Metal
-Harris BR Bi-pod no leg notches
-Ken Farrell Base
-Badger Rings
-NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56mm(Just back from factory replaced turrets, rebedded glass....basically back to brand new)
-Starlight Double case
-192 pieces of Norma Brass in MTM 50 rd cases

This rifle averages in the .350" range at 100yds. YES average there. I have shot many in the .200s and a few in the .400s but most are in the .350s. Best group for me and the rifle is .258" at 100yds. 500 yard groups have been in the 2 inch range several times and into the 4 inch range all off bi-pods and arm for rear rest. All these groups have been with R22 and 160gr Accubonds.

Total shot count is 596(200 of this total were FF loads) so 396 full tilt loads. Will come with load data. Gun cost $1850 + green/tan camo +Tubbs speed lock and shroud to eliminte J-lock. Then add the bases/rings/scope for $1200. and brass, bi pod, Starlight etc...

So $3200+ total

Looking to sell entire package ONLY for $2400 delivered. Will not split up unless the rifle sells first.

Or will trade for appropriate gun in similar condition but lighter/handier/ lower power scope. Just a shorter range version in similar caliber 7mm or 30 cal....280AI ideal or 308 ideal. Prefer to sell but will listen to trades. There are a couple of rubs on the barrel and one hickey from original shipping toward the end of the barrel.

Weighs 14.5lbs with scope rings base and bipod...on fishing scale.

If I have forgotten anything, contact me.

Kyle Holcomb
[email protected]
356531.jpg

356539.jpg

356541.jpg

356542.jpg

356545.jpg

356547.jpg

356548.jpg

I had a change in POI and felt like the turrets were a little rough when adjusted. So they completely replaced the turrets and rebedded the lenes. IT feels and works better than ever.

Kyle

Re: ++++++SPF++++++

I wish I would have checked here sooner. Please let me know if the deal falls through.

Re: ++++++SPF++++++

Ankeny,

Everything is a go. If something should happen, you are #1 in line.

Kyle