From Texas

TxJim

Have been "stalking" for some time and decided to join. Long time hunter and reloader - found this site researching loads and ballistics. Lots of good information and knowledgeable members. Thanks for your in-sight.
Jim

Welcome to the hunt..pull up a log and have a seat, were just about to light the Camp fire.
I got some Smoked Lake Trout from the bush of northern Canada, there are many great things we can share, don't be shy in asking questions. the guys here won't laugh. the JE Custom has some Venison he will be bringing and we will be doing some cooking over the fire.

Sorry about the delay in response - just flew back in from BC elk hunt last night. Had a great time in some fantastic country. Got a 6 X 7 - my first! Used a 7mm Rem Mag w/ 168 gr Berger VLD; 66 gr RL-22 pushing about 2950. One shot - double lung. He only went about 40 yds before he was done but where he decided to die was on about a 50 degree slope so guess I was lucky that he only slid about another 50 yds down hill.

JE - I'm located about 35 miles north of the Bryan/College Station area. That's right - another Aggie!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.