From SE Pennsylvania

homefront

Hello gang,

I'm a long time lead shooter / bullet caster / handloader just getting into higher powered rifles.

This is a great site, full of good information and helpful members. I'm looking forward to interacting here and learning as I go. :)

Thanks for the greetings, fellas.

I'm right between Philly and Allentown, near a burg called Collegeville.

I'm shooting a Savage in 7mm-08 and a CZ in .204. Those two seem to cover most of the bases...gun)

Greeting I am from NW PA always nice to see another guy interested in the LR game from PA.

Ian, I'm just getting started with LR stuff.

Here's my post about upgrading my 7mm-08. Fine accuracy and reduced recoil are what I'm after: http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...coil-reduction-7mm-08-rifle-71317/#post498193

One of my ranges has a 200 yard backstop; once I finish putting this rifle together and shooting tight (-1") at 200, I'll look for ranges with greater distances available to shoot and maybe beginner competition.

My son died a few years ago. He was just a teenager. I gave up hunting and many other things. This is my first step into an activity that I feel any motivation to do. It's become something of an obsession, as direly needed distractions can.

welcome to the site. sorry about your loss. something you wont get over but hopefully adjust to.
i spent 64 years in s e pa. many of them in the perkasie area.
had kids who went to ursinus.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.